Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: paul_jones on August 17, 2010, 03:09:03 pm

Title: p30+ or p40+
Post by: paul_jones on August 17, 2010, 03:09:03 pm
hi, who has used both the p30+ and p40+? i know the p40+ beats the p30+ hands down on speed. but whats the quality difference like? the p30+ has long exposures.

what looks better at higher iso?

just have to make a quick call on getting one.

cheers paul
Title: Re: p30+ or p40+
Post by: Jozef Zajaz on August 17, 2010, 06:02:33 pm
If money isn't an issue and you dont need long exposure get the p40+. Better for high isos, faster, larger resolution, 1/1600 sync speed and so on.

I've used them both and i own p30+
I got the p30+ before the p40+ came out though.
Title: Re: p30+ or p40+
Post by: paul_jones on August 17, 2010, 06:50:47 pm
ill be using on an h1, i dont think i couuld live with the crop if it wasnt an h1/2.

does the p40+ feel faster? or is it so close, the speed isnt the issue?

cheers paul
Title: Re: p30+ or p40+
Post by: Jozef Zajaz on August 22, 2010, 09:42:29 am
The p40+ feels faster than the p30+
Title: Re: p30+ or p40+
Post by: Ken Doo on August 22, 2010, 09:46:31 am
Don't forget to consider the flexibility that Sensor Plus gives you with the P40+.  I'm surprised how much I actually use it on the P65+....