Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: bobby18301 on August 11, 2010, 04:33:10 pm

Title: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: bobby18301 on August 11, 2010, 04:33:10 pm
Do I have to un-install Lightroom3 before I install 3-2.1 (which I am downloading now)?
Title: Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: StuartOnline on August 11, 2010, 04:40:31 pm
Do I have to un-install Lightroom3 before I install 3-2.1 (which I am downloading now)?

I downloaded 3.2 RC yesterday and it installed another copy.
So now I have the original 3.0 and 3.2 RC (release candidate).
So no you do not have to uninstall 3.0
Let me also add that I am running Lightroom on a Macbook Pro.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: bobby18301 on August 11, 2010, 04:47:53 pm
Thanks. I don't want two copies of the same program so I guess I will uninstall LR3. I suppose if I just waited for the actual release of 2.1 and went: help/check for updates it might just put 2.1 right over the top of LR3.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: KeithR on August 11, 2010, 05:05:00 pm
When 2.1 is actually released, you will get the notification and it should just replace 3.0, but since it is a release candidate(and is pretty stable), it's not officially "released" I would not uninstall 3.0.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: eliedinur on August 11, 2010, 05:40:39 pm
It definitely overwrote 3.0 by me. Windows XP.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: wolfnowl on August 11, 2010, 07:15:57 pm
I believe Mac/Windows are different - separate installs for Mac, overwrite for Win.

Mike.
Title: Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
Post by: francois on August 12, 2010, 02:54:39 am
I believe Mac/Windows are different - separate installs for Mac, overwrite for Win.

Mike.
Yes, on Macs, after the installation the "old" 3.0 is left on the hard drive.