Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on June 19, 2010, 02:57:36 pm

Title: non-flash gallery
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 19, 2010, 02:57:36 pm
I've used SimpleViewer to set up a few small galleries online. I like it quite a lot, in particular its use of arrow keys (a hobby-horse of mine) and cacheing of large images so moving between them is very quick. However, it uses Flash, which means that I can't see the galleries on my iPhone and nobody who has an iPad can see them either.

Can anyone recommend a good substitute which isn't flash-based? I don't need anything terribly fancy but something as close as possible to the features provided by SimpleViewer would be really nice.

Thanks

Jeremy
Title: non-flash gallery
Post by: wolfnowl on June 19, 2010, 03:02:16 pm
You can probably find something here: http://www.lightroomgalleries.com/ (http://www.lightroomgalleries.com/)

Mike.
Title: non-flash gallery
Post by: john beardsworth on June 19, 2010, 03:17:36 pm
Or take a look at http://photographers-toolbox.com/ (http://photographers-toolbox.com/) and http://lightroom-blog.com/ (http://lightroom-blog.com/)
Title: non-flash gallery
Post by: tom b on June 21, 2010, 12:07:01 am
SimpleViewer is a JAlbum skin you can find other skins here and they're free:

http://jalbum.net/skins (http://jalbum.net/skins)

Cheers,
Title: non-flash gallery
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 21, 2010, 03:00:00 am
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll investigate.

Jeremy
Title: non-flash gallery
Post by: NikoJorj on June 21, 2010, 08:02:34 am
You can also take a look at http://lr.theturninggate.net/ (http://lr.theturninggate.net/) - particularly his Shadowbox engine (I also use a variation upon it for my website), or one of the Highslide templates.