Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: dreed on May 31, 2010, 07:48:51 am

Title: How to report firmware bugs for Canon DSLRs?
Post by: dreed on May 31, 2010, 07:48:51 am
Is there anyone out there that knows how to report a bug with the firmware in Canon DSLRs? (By bug I mean something more than just "banding" or something "minor" like that.)

Is it just the usual 1-800 number for Canon and then some specific options?

Is there an email address?

Or web form?

Is it different for each DSLR?

If none of the above exist, but someone here knows or has a contact at Canon that could help, please send me a message.

... at this point I'd rather not post what is wrong because I don't know if it is me doing something wrong or what I'm attaching to the camera that is causing misbehaviour, or software on my PC and I'd like to at least to try work the issue through with Canon.
Title: How to report firmware bugs for Canon DSLRs?
Post by: stulevine on June 21, 2010, 01:26:55 pm
Yes.  Go to this URL: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...SupportIndexAct (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportIndexAct) and choose your product:

1) EOS (SLR) Camera System
2) Digital EOS Cameras
3) EOS 5D Mark II (or what ever camera you own)

Then submit and you will see various options to open a trouble ticket and search trough Canon's own FAQ.  In your case, click on the "Support by E-mail" link and you should be able to take it from there.  Canon is very responsive and it helps if you have some good documentation on your issue.  In my case I provided details and links to photos I took that exhibited the issue I presented.

Hope that helps,

Stuart