Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: elolaugesen on May 16, 2010, 03:08:18 pm

Title: Snow Leopard Dark Images Printing. Solved?
Post by: elolaugesen on May 16, 2010, 03:08:18 pm
I have had problems with printing for a while as all images came out darker using Snow Leopard 10.6.3.1  I only use Photoshop Elements 6.0.  an Epson 3800 with driver 6.57

After much thought I was about to go back to 10.5.8 which worked great.

Then I found that epson posted an upgrade on May 13th, 2010 to deal with Snow Leopard issues.  Applied it but did not really see any change.

Then I decided to download photoshop CS5 trial...   voila...   all colours back to normal.... just like before.   but who can afford photoshop when elements used to do all I needed.   Then Tried elements again  and found that it was slightly lighter than before....


not sure what to do at this time....

cheers...  elo
Title: Snow Leopard Dark Images Printing. Solved?
Post by: Doyle Yoder on May 16, 2010, 05:25:54 pm
Quote from: elolaugesen
I have had problems with printing for a while as all images came out darker using Snow Leopard 10.6.3.1  I only use Photoshop Elements 6.0.  an Epson 3800 with driver 6.57

After much thought I was about to go back to 10.5.8 which worked great.

Then I found that epson posted an upgrade on May 13th, 2010 to deal with Snow Leopard issues.  Applied it but did not really see any change.

Then I decided to download photoshop CS5 trial...   voila...   all colours back to normal.... just like before.   but who can afford photoshop when elements used to do all I needed.   Then Tried elements again  and found that it was slightly lighter than before....


not sure what to do at this time....

cheers...  elo

Did you completely uninstall the old driver?

Doyle
Title: Snow Leopard Dark Images Printing. Solved?
Post by: eddysmit on May 18, 2010, 05:23:06 am
Same problem here with Snow and CS4 using an Epson 7600.
Even when I delete all my colorprofiles in the library. I can still choose and use them in CS4. How is this possible???
How do you completely uninstall the old driver and old profiles?