Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: masameet on February 06, 2010, 03:47:31 pm

Title: Setting ISO on 5DMII
Post by: masameet on February 06, 2010, 03:47:31 pm
I guess I'm a dummy, since I didn't find the answer in the owner's manual and can't figure it out on my own.

So how do I set the 5DMII to shoot at ISO 100 and 50? How do I set it to shoot above ISO 3200?

TIA!

(Also the other day I managed to drop :mecry: my 5DMII and 20-70mm lens in the dirt. About a 2-foot drop into damp earth. I was so grateful that my camera and lens were seemingly not wrecked, and capable of being turned on and shooting pix.)
Title: Setting ISO on 5DMII
Post by: David Sutton on February 06, 2010, 04:28:59 pm
It sounds like you have highlight tone priority turned on (Custom function II – 3). Turn it off and you will have iso 100 to 6400. If you are using the raw files, I don't believe highlight tone priority does anything that can't be done better in the raw processor.
ISO 50  is available by setting custom function I – 3 (iso expansion). It is not a “real” iso but is done via software. Again, you can do a better job in the raw converter.