Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: AlbertK on January 10, 2010, 02:15:24 pm
-
I am trying to add a color profile to Capture One 4. If I put it in the ColorSync folder (I am on a MAC), the profile doesn't show in the drop down menu in C1 4. Putting the profile in the profile folder in the C1 4 application package doesn't work either. What am I missing? How can I make the profile visible and working.
Any words of wisdom appreciated.
Thanks, Albert
-
The profiles have to be stored in ~/user/library/colorsync/profiles.
Besides - if you created the profiles with an external software - make sure that the profiles contain the correct table tags.
They must be created as scanner/camera profiles (i.e. "input" profiles) so the table tag is "scnr":
[attachment=19357:profile01.jpg]
[attachment=19358:profile02.jpg]
-
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately none of your suggestions work for me - the profile still doesn't show up.
-
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately none of your suggestions work for me - the profile still doesn't show up.
AlbertK
Can you be a little more specific?
Did you create a new camera profile?
Is this an output profile for a printer?
Capture One store profiles in two separate places depending on the profile in question.
Standard profiles are stored in the main library-colorsync-profiles
Custom profiles created through the color editor are stored in the user library-colorsync-profiles
-
It is a camera profile that I want to show up under the ICC profile tab. It is a profile that I want to use as a default black and white setting.
I have tried both colorsync libraries and also the profile folder in the C1 package but alas...
-
It is a camera profile that I want to show up under the ICC profile tab. It is a profile that I want to use as a default black and white setting.
I have tried both colorsync libraries and also the profile folder in the C1 package but alas...
Very strange.
The only thing I can assume is that the profile is somehow not being recognized.
Can you choose the profile in the Colorsync utility as if you wanted to compare it to a different profile?
Did you, by any chance rename this profile?
-
It is a camera profile that I want to show up under the ICC profile tab. It is a profile that I want to use as a default black and white setting.
did you create the profile with C1's Color Editor?
-
Very strange.
The only thing I can assume is that the profile is somehow not being recognized.
Can you choose the profile in the Colorsync utility as if you wanted to compare it to a different profile?
Did you, by any chance rename this profile?
Yes, it seems that the profile is not being recognized.
I can choose the profile in the Colorsync utility and see the information.
I haven't renamed the profile: it has an .ICC extension.
Also I didn't make the profile myself, but it has been specifically created for C1 4.
-
Can you upload the profile?
Best would be on a webspace and posting link to it but if not just change the suffix to "txt" (instead of "icc") so that you can attach it here.
-
Is the problem that the profile does not appear in the list for a particular camera model, or that it does not appear at all?
On the "Quick" tab click on "ICC Profile." Go down to the "Other" menu choice and see if it is there.
I have some older Magne camera profiles for my Canons and they appear on the "Other" list, not the Canon list.
Paul
-
Can you upload the profile?
Best would be on a webspace and posting link to it but if not just change the suffix to "txt" (instead of "icc") so that you can attach it here.
Here it is. Thanks for any insights as to what causes the problem.
-
Is the problem that the profile does not appear in the list for a particular camera model, or that it does not appear at all?
On the "Quick" tab click on "ICC Profile." Go down to the "Other" menu choice and see if it is there.
I have some older Magne camera profiles for my Canons and they appear on the "Other" list, not the Canon list.
Paul
It does not appear at all, it is completely invisible whatever drop down menu I try.
-
Here it is. Thanks for any insights as to what causes the problem.
hmh... I have no trouble loading it. It works as it is supposed to be. Hence I can't help you, I'm sorry.
Did you follow Paul's hint... the profile should show up under "other" in the list.
-
hmh... I have no trouble loading it. It works as it is supposed to be. Hence I can't help you, I'm sorry.
Did you follow Paul's hint... the profile should show up under "other" in the list.
No need to apologize. Thanks for trying.
Yes, I did follow Paul's suggestion but to no avail.
-
maybe... try this:
[attachment=19540:Zwart_WitOutBack.txt]
rename the "txt"-suffix to "icc" or "icm" (either way)
-
maybe... try this:
[attachment=19540:Zwart_WitOutBack.txt]
rename the "txt"-suffix to "icc" or "icm" (either way)
This profile is visible and can be used... What did you do?
Thanks for the magic! You made me very happy!
-
This profile is visible and can be used... What did you do?
Thanks for the magic! You made me very happy!
oh, I'm glad it works out!
It was just a guess... there was a tag for an uncommon preferred CMM.
Actually Color Sync/C1 should ignore this. But obviously it has a relevance.
Too, I synchronized file name and internal name... but actually it was the same from the very begining.
edit: not quite right.
The internal name first had a regular dash (-) whilst the file name is with underscore (_).
Here's the thing with the CMM:
ACMS was set as prefered CMM (I don't know ACMS... and apparently even Color Think doesn't know it as there is no name in the brackets).
I've simply changed to Apple's CMM.
[attachment=19541:cmm1.jpg]
[attachment=19542:cmm2.jpg]
got it... ACMS is Agfa CMM