Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Justan on December 06, 2009, 09:14:54 am
-
My first question is: How many do you have?
Next is: Is there an elegant way to remove the adapters for 3” tubes once they are inside of the tube? The ones that came with my Z3100 are a tight fit on the inside of the tube. I end up using the spindle as a ram to drive the adapters out of the tube. I'm guessing this will ultimately be destructive to the adapters.
TIA!!
-
My first question is: How many do you have?
Next is: Is there an elegant way to remove the adapters for 3” tubes once they are inside of the tube? The ones that came with my Z3100 are a tight fit on the inside of the tube. I end up using the spindle as a ram to drive the adapters out of the tube. I'm guessing this will ultimately be destructive to the adapters.
TIA!!
There are differences between core inner diameters. Enough where they release easily and with others I use your practice but more gentle, the pointed side on the floor and the weight of the roll to help me.
Ordering more adapters or spindles is a way to reduce the pain of changing paper rolls.
I leave some adapters in the worst core and take out the spindle only.
More adapters (6 sets) here than spindles (4).
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)
-
Thanks! I hadn’t thought of multiple adapters!
Not only is it pita to pull the adapters mid-roll but I bent a bunch of paper trying.
-
Thanks! I hadn’t thought of multiple adapters!
Not only is it pita to pull the adapters mid-roll but I bent a bunch of paper trying.
It is also quite easy to remove the steel springs from the adapters.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)
-
You get free adaptors with every spindle. It can be hard to find suppliers for the 3" adaptors alone, but HP gave me the part number: Q6675-60093 (never used it so can't vouch for the accuracy).
The battering ram approach to removal gets easier as you do it more often. I've never found it easy to get the springs out of the adaptors!
-
You get free adaptors with every spindle. It can be hard to find suppliers for the 3" adaptors alone, but HP gave me the part number: Q6675-60093 (never used it so can't vouch for the accuracy).
The battering ram approach to removal gets easier as you do it more often. I've never found it easy to get the springs out of the adaptors!
I did order two extra spindles and two adapter sets with the idea that the spindles would be without adapters. When delivered the spindles had adapters too, the light blue ones. The separate ordered ones are blue-grey. Same functionality though. The spindles are cheap if compared to Epson prices for items like that. Pré-9900 of course.
If you bend the plastic lids slightly outwards and you use a small screwdriver to lift the ss spring end at the outside a bit then the spring will slide out quite easily. The same for the other side. Not damage done to adapter or spring. It is reversible so nothing lost.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
-
I had terrible trouble getting my rolls off the Z3100 spindle when I started using the machine. Including bloody fingers - I used a ladle to push at one point. These days I just use my hands - and do not have that much trouble - I am not even sure what I am doing differently - but the rolls release their death grip without the same struggle. Not much help - but practice seemed to matter.
Howard
-
You get free adaptors with every spindle. It can be hard to find suppliers for the 3" adaptors alone, but HP gave me the part number: Q6675-60093 (never used it so can't vouch for the accuracy).
The battering ram approach to removal gets easier as you do it more often. I've never found it easy to get the springs out of the adaptors!
According to HP they no longer include the 3" adapters with their spindles. The part number you provided above "C6090-60112" is the same one that HP provided me with for the adapters. They were inexpensive - $18.88 for the pair + 11.25 for shipping.
I saw the same thing listed from some random vendors on the web for $60 per pair!
-
According to HP they no longer include the 3" adapters with their spindles. The part number you provided above "C6090-60112" is the same one that HP provided me with for the adapters. They were inexpensive - $18.88 for the pair + 11.25 for shipping.
I saw the same thing listed from some random vendors on the web for $60 per pair!
There has been a thread before on the subject:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lo...php/t22844.html (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t22844.html)
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
-
According to HP they no longer include the 3" adapters with their spindles. The part number you provided above "C6090-60112" is the same one that HP provided me with for the adapters.
I ordered a couple of spindles just two or three weeks ago and they came with the adaptors ...
That part number is different to mine, by the way. Anyway, I think this is all discussed in the thread Ernst referenced.