Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Timo Löfgren on October 14, 2009, 03:17:52 am

Title: Wind II
Post by: Timo Löfgren on October 14, 2009, 03:17:52 am
Pentax 645+35mm,Velvia 50
Title: Wind II
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 14, 2009, 04:34:19 am
Quote from: Timo Löfgren
Pentax 645+35mm,Velvia 50
Beautiful, as ever. I like the way the shape of the dark cloud echoes the curve of the shoreline. I think it would be even better without just a bit of the foreground. The grasses are different in texture from the rest of the shot and, I think, don't add anything to it.

Jeremy
Title: Wind II
Post by: Josh-H on October 14, 2009, 04:45:55 am
I like it as well - love the movement of the grasses in the foreground. Lovely work.
Title: Wind II
Post by: francois on October 14, 2009, 07:37:29 am
Timo,
I like it better than Wind I. The blurred grass conveys a better sense of wind than in your first photo. The rest is just beautiful, great tonalities, contrast and mood.
Title: Wind II
Post by: RSL on October 14, 2009, 10:43:21 am
Timo, Another winner. Almost makes me want to go find another view camera -- but then I'd need to set up a darkroom again. Guess not.
Title: Wind II
Post by: jasonrandolph on October 14, 2009, 11:31:27 am
Another beautiful shot Timo, but I agree with Jeremy.  IMHO, the grass doesn't add anything and was a bit of a distraction to my eyes from the rest of the scene.  But still a great image.
Title: Wind II
Post by: John R on October 14, 2009, 01:13:08 pm
Quote from: francois
Timo,
I like it better than Wind I. The blurred grass conveys a better sense of wind than in your first photo. The rest is just beautiful, great tonalities, contrast and mood.
I am not sure if I like it better, but I sure do like it! You must have worked fast to retain the movement in the clouds in both photos.

JMR
Title: Wind II
Post by: wolfnowl on October 14, 2009, 04:46:27 pm
Well, given the title, I like the movement of the grasses.  It does make the image busy, but I can live with that.  The rocks to the left of the grass I could do without, but you can't crop out the left side without losing too much.

Mike.
Title: Wind II
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 14, 2009, 05:29:24 pm
Nice and peaceful image, thanks for sharing.

cheers,
Bernard