Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: avelpavel on August 19, 2009, 03:12:22 am
-
Hi, I'm using Contax 645 camera with Sinar Emotion backs.
I have found that I can't use mirror lock up with non-contax lenses like Schneider 60mm curtagon or zeiss jena 300mm, which are very good optics but especially for the 300mm using it without mirror up is impossible under 1/500s to have a sharp image.
When I use 2s delay option mirror lock up works fine, but the for the 300mm it's not enough. Someone knows how to use mirror lock up for longer times? Is it possible with some particular kind of lens adapter? I'm currently using a DVD-Technik Ukrainan adapter which works with no problem at infinity but it doesn't have electric contact to the body, so the camera doesn't see any lens attached.
Thanks for your help!
Roberto
__________________________
www.robertopastrovicchio.com
-
I have a Contax 645 and use 2s, remote release and a second Manfrotto long lens support. I've found these work quite well with the Contax 350mm even with 1.4 Mutar (and with hassey 350 SA)
The BEST appraoch is SPEED! all the support in the world will not cut vibration of a lon system (except the next solution I will pass on) as a fast shutter.
Now, more recently, having gotten a TrueWide from the Kapturgroup with Leica "R" mount (i was the first to get one with R in all these years!!) WITH A Contax mount (I use a P65+)
Here is the arrangement. See my other thread that shows what it can do http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=36968 (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36968)
The idea is similar to audiophile disks-you need to keep everything IN LINE and RIGID. So I create an 'optical bench' with a RRS camera bar as shown.
I get great results with ALL Long lenses and cameras this way
regards
Victor
-
BTW this is what you get without the bar
Victor
-
When I use 2s delay option mirror lock up works fine, but the for the 300mm it's not enough.
Sorry, can't help you here.
What you might try is a wood tripod. If the plates and the tripod head are tight... a wood tripod is absorbing vibrations much faster than any other material (wood absorbs even heavy vibrations within a second... so maybe that works fine with the mirror lock of the 2'' self timer).
-
Thanks Victor, I have tried an heavy manfrotto tripod fixing the lens barrel with a magic arm. It seems I'm getting sharper shots, even if I wait about 30s for the camera to calm down, then 2s delay timer with mirror up.
I will test again with slow and fast shutter speeds.
Thanks to Tho_mas too, I have no wood tripod here but I will try first to heavy load the aluminum one I have first.
Kind regards
Roberto
-
I have tried the magic arm, the result is quite good.
Thanks to all!
-
Quite the set up!
I have a Contax 645 and use 2s, remote release and a second Manfrotto long lens support. I've found these work quite well with the Contax 350mm even with 1.4 Mutar (and with hassey 350 SA)
The BEST appraoch is SPEED! all the support in the world will not cut vibration of a lon system (except the next solution I will pass on) as a fast shutter.
Now, more recently, having gotten a TrueWide from the Kapturgroup with Leica "R" mount (i was the first to get one with R in all these years!!) WITH A Contax mount (I use a P65+)
Here is the arrangement. See my other thread that shows what it can do http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=36968 (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36968)
The idea is similar to audiophile disks-you need to keep everything IN LINE and RIGID. So I create an 'optical bench' with a RRS camera bar as shown.
I get great results with ALL Long lenses and cameras this way
regards
Victor