Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dwood on July 20, 2009, 12:30:45 pm
-
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3532/3739358254_9a2c0e9256_o.jpg)
-
I think it's trying to show too much. I'd probably crop off the top half, above the piece of driftwood on the right side. the shoreline bedrock is probably the most interesting feature here.
Mike.
-
It has no focal point, just looks like a snapshot in the woods. Try and isolate a subject. In this case I'm not sure anything in the frame is really that interesting even on it's own. Maybe a real tight closeup of the rocks?
-
Thanks guys. Perhaps I'll play around with some different crops.
-
Thanks guys. Perhaps I'll play around with some different crops.
You might be surprised how small these can get. I can tell from my own cropping experiments
-
I think it's trying to show too much. I'd probably crop off the top half, above the piece of driftwood on the right side. the shoreline bedrock is probably the most interesting feature here.
Mike.
I dunno. Chopping the bottom to the bedrock kind of works. Although the tree isn't all that interesting. This could be one of those that works if it is printed bigger but I'm not seeing it.
I think you're right that the shoreline bedrock is the most interesting feature.