Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: mas55101 on July 01, 2009, 08:09:40 pm

Title: Disabling auto zoom on lx3
Post by: mas55101 on July 01, 2009, 08:09:40 pm
Hi All,
I do not shoot at 24mm;  I shoot at 50-60mm.  How do I tell my Panasonic lx3 not to zoom automatically to 24mm when the camera turns on or  wakes up?

If I don't get this solved, I'm returning the camera to the store tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Title: Disabling auto zoom on lx3
Post by: dalethorn on July 02, 2009, 12:59:48 am
Quote from: mas55101
Hi All,
I do not shoot at 24mm;  I shoot at 50-60mm.  How do I tell my Panasonic lx3 not to zoom automatically to 24mm when the camera turns on or  wakes up?
If I don't get this solved, I'm returning the camera to the store tomorrow.
Thanks in advance.
Michael

My TZ5 and ZS3 cameras have menu selections to return the zoom at startup to the position it was when turned off.  So far as I know from using the LX3, and from what I've heard elsewhere, this isn't possible on the LX3.  But the LX3 has one nice feature the other cameras don't have - when you turn it off and put the lens cap on and put it into your pocket or bag, it will not ever attempt to pop the lens out even if turned on accidentally, as other cameras will.