Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Jeff Kott on June 21, 2009, 09:21:00 pm
-
Hi,
I just got an iphone 3GS. I would appreciate experience or tips for preparing (resize, color manag., sharpening, etc.) full size files for display in the iphone.
My full size files are typically 16 bit tiffs in my working space (BetaRGB) with capture sharpening, but no output sharpening. I use Photokit Sharpener for my output sharpening.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
-
Hi,
I just got an iphone 3GS. I would appreciate experience or tips for preparing (resize, color manag., sharpening, etc.) full size files for display in the iphone.
My full size files are typically 16 bit tiffs in my working space (BetaRGB) with capture sharpening, but no output sharpening. I use Photokit Sharpener for my output sharpening.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
I have no experience with the new 3GS and haven't looked into color related matters in the new 3.0 OS. However, you might want to read this discussion:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....e+color+managed (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25464&hl=iphone+color+managed)
I remember that Bill Atkinson, at some point, offered for download an iPhone version of his photos. I don't know if they are still available - I can't find them anymore. If so, then it might give you a good idea of the optimal size.
-
I didn't find anything about Bill Atkinson' photos ;-{
But you might read this article on colors and iPhones:
http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Color_on_iPhone (http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Color_on_iPhone)
HTH
-
But you might read this article on colors and iPhones:
http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Color_on_iPhone (http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Color_on_iPhone)
HTH
Thank you Francois! This is exactly what I was looking for.
-
You're welcome Jeff.