Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: SteveZ on June 01, 2009, 05:10:11 pm
-
I'm planning a trip up there later this June, just wondering about the photo opportunities this place has to offer.
Has any anyone ever photographed there?
-
I've been to Cape Croker, which is at the south end of the Bruce Peninsula. Basically you're on the tip of the Niagara escarpment, so there's lots to see there - birds, cliffs, Georgian Bay... There's a remnant black bear population on the peninsula, but standard precautions are fine. You'd have to be VERY lucky to see a Massassauga rattlesnake - they're endangered and protected. There's a fair bit of poison ivy in the area, though so watch for that. And if you can get away from Tobermory on a clear night you'll find you're far enough from any major city to have an amazing sky.
Mike.
-
I'm planning a trip up there later this June, just wondering about the photo opportunities this place has to offer.
Has any anyone ever photographed there?
I live in Tobermory and there's a lifetime of photography here! Two National Parks, unusual topography, rare orchids, etc etc. And I can probably find you a Massasauga Rattler!
Feel free to give me a call at 519 596 2942.
Bill
-
a trip out to Flowerpot Island is rewarding. There's plenty to photograph there - huge pebble beaches (perfectly rounded stones) on one side of the pensinsula and fine grain sandy beaches on the west side. Sunset and sunrise oportunities. (it's a narrow pensisula). Lovely forest trails, clean lakes, and dramatic cliffs surrounded by blue lake. Was there several times but all were with a film camera, so no examples for you...