Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on May 27, 2009, 01:09:44 pm

Title: Glencoe
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 27, 2009, 01:09:44 pm
Some photos from a recent trip to Scotland. Weather was appalling - 70 mph winds on the tops, minus 17 windchill, snow, rain, hail. Typical Scottish spring really. Cloudbase on both Skye & in Assynt was very low, so a move to Glencoe afforded a few more photographic opportunities. Hopefully in September I'll get some from the ridges & tops.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3568362726_5e0fd6f15a_b.jpg)
Aonach Dubh, Glencoe
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3415/3567551157_536bf32efb_b.jpg)
Meall Mor, Glencoe
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2429/3570772298_b3763aae9f_b.jpg)
The Three Sisters of Glencoe
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2430/3569960611_1096091a80_b.jpg)
Buachaille Etive Beag, Glencoe

Title: Glencoe
Post by: ajw on May 27, 2009, 01:52:36 pm
Bill

Some great shots, that take me right back to last year when I was in the area

Andy
Title: Glencoe
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on May 27, 2009, 02:46:24 pm
That first one is really really good. First pic of Glencoe I've ever seen that I liked.
Title: Glencoe
Post by: Alexis Alvarez on May 27, 2009, 06:30:56 pm
Beautiful photographs!
Title: Glencoe
Post by: wolfnowl on May 28, 2009, 01:43:28 am
I agree with POM - all good, but the first one's the best.

Mike.
Title: Glencoe
Post by: papa v2.0 on May 28, 2009, 05:50:42 am
Quote
Weather was appalling - 70 mph winds on the tops, minus 17 windchill, snow, rain, hail.

Welcome to sunny Scotland!  Nice pics.

Was down that way on Saturday past, low cloud and mist but warm, couldn't see anything, so no pics.
Title: Glencoe
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 03, 2009, 07:01:46 am
Thanks for the positive comments. A friend from Dundee has left me feeling sick with reports on the weather in Glencoe over the last week or so. He claims it wasn't raining - not sure if I should believe him.  
Title: Glencoe
Post by: pete_truman on June 03, 2009, 02:52:06 pm
Quote from: Chairman Bill
A friend from Dundee has left me feeling sick with reports on the weather in Glencoe over the last week or so. He claims it wasn't raining - not sure if I should believe him.  

Just think how less interesting your pictures would have been with clear blue skies though