Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: erick.boileau on April 24, 2009, 02:10:21 am

Title: light meter with aperture priority
Post by: erick.boileau on April 24, 2009, 02:10:21 am
Do you know if  exists a light meter (Sekonic or any)  with  priority aperture and spot metering (at the same time), I am not sure if the Sekonic L758 DR do that

I want to say f/11 and 100 ISO and Spot metering  and get the speed

actually I have a Kenko KFM-2100

thank you
Title: light meter with aperture priority
Post by: marcel b on April 24, 2009, 02:19:23 am
hi erick,
my old sekonic L-508 can do it, so I'm pretty sure, that the newer ones wil have apperture priority, too. it's a little dip switch in the battery compartement to activate.

best regards,
marcel
Title: light meter with aperture priority
Post by: JeffKohn on April 24, 2009, 02:47:19 am
Quote from: erick.boileau
Do you know if  exists a light meter (Sekonic or any)  with  priority aperture and spot metering (at the same time), I am not sure if the Sekonic L758 DR do that

I want to say f/11 and 100 ISO and Spot metering  and get the speed

actually I have a Kenko KFM-2100

thank you
The Sekonic L758 can definitley do that, it's one of the many metering modes you can select. I can't say for certain about the other models in the current Sekonic lineup but I would expect the same from them. I'm pretty sure you can download the PDF user manuals for all of Sekonic's meters from their website, so it shouldn't be hard to check.
Title: light meter with aperture priority
Post by: Graham Mitchell on April 24, 2009, 06:10:00 am
Some Gossen meters can do that, but you might have to download the manuals to check which ones.
http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/index.html (http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/index.html)
Title: light meter with aperture priority
Post by: erick.boileau on April 24, 2009, 06:39:36 am
thanks to all

If they do it I think I shall sell my Kenko