Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: R_Medvid on April 13, 2009, 11:51:25 pm

Title: PO P30 DB: column of wrong pixels
Post by: R_Medvid on April 13, 2009, 11:51:25 pm
For some reason the Phase One site doesn't accept my support case, so I'm posting here:

I was shooting yesterday some coffee beans. I had low light so I had to push the exposure +1.7

Only after pushing I noticed a light line of pixels that does differ from the others  

[attachment=13017:composite.jpg]

As I understand it's a flaw of the sensor. Anyone experienced that before?
Title: PO P30 DB: column of wrong pixels
Post by: etrump on April 13, 2009, 11:55:49 pm
Quote from: R_Medvid
For some reason the Phase One Suppor site doesn't accept my support case, so I'm posting here:

I was shooting yesterday some coffee beans. I had low light so I had to push the exposure +1.7

Only after pushing I noticed a light line of pixels that does differ from the others  

[attachment=13017:composite.jpg]

As I understand it's a flaw of the sensor. Anyone experienced that before?

Pushing +1.7 will bring out the worst in any sensor but it looks like your back may need recalibration.
Title: PO P30 DB: column of wrong pixels
Post by: Rudy Torres on April 14, 2009, 12:50:48 am
Yep, it's a "Column Error". You have to send it back to Phase One in Denmark. You must go through your dealer. It's about $600.00 and will take about 3 weeks.
I haven't sent mine because for $600.00 I can live with my small error for a while.

- Rudy
Title: PO P30 DB: column of wrong pixels
Post by: Doug Peterson on April 14, 2009, 09:22:12 am
Quote from: Rudy Torres
Yep, it's a "Column Error". You have to send it back to Phase One in Denmark. You must go through your dealer. It's about $600.00 and will take about 3 weeks.
I haven't sent mine because for $600.00 I can live with my small error for a while.

- Rudy

It's only $600 if you are not under warranty. If you have the value added warranty you will receive a loaner during the recalibration. The timeframe is more like 10-14 days (a minor difference but I think worth noting).

While a column error is most likely the cause of the problem there are a few other things (free and quick) that your dealer will want to try with you first. This is why you purchase from a dealer with good support.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)