Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: perbernal on March 18, 2009, 02:08:30 pm
-
I don´t know if this subject has been discussed before but I was wondering what digital backs fits and works with Rolliflex 6008i non AF? I know there´s Phase One´s db20 but is it possible to get a used P25 or Aptus 22 and retrofit it to a minimum cost? Appreciate all inputs:)
Best, Per Bernal
-
I don´t know if this subject has been discussed before but I was wondering what digital backs fits and works with Rolliflex 6008i non AF? I know there´s Phase One´s db20 but is it possible to get a used P25 or Aptus 22 and retrofit it to a minimum cost? Appreciate all inputs:)
Best, Per Bernal
phase has told me they can fit their backs to my 6008i.. hasselblad works and I know sinar has adapter for their backs.
-
Sinar eMotion backs and Hasselblad CF backs (iirc) are the main choices. I would recommend the Sinar partly because if you upgrade your 6008 to a Hy6, you can just swap adapters and use the same back.
-
Sinar eMotion backs and Hasselblad CF backs (iirc) are the main choices. I would recommend the Sinar partly because if you upgrade your 6008 to a Hy6, you can just swap adapters and use the same back.
Don't know why you say "main" though both of those are good options.
You can order any Phase One P or P+ digital back including the P65+ in a Rollei 6008 mount. I think it's a great combo.
It is something of a special order item but most of the larger dealers (including us) have experience with this platform and it is no trouble at all.
Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)
-
Don't know why you say "main" though both of those are good options.
You can order any Phase One P or P+ digital back including the P65+ in a Rollei 6008 mount. I think it's a great combo.
Hi Doug, I did not mean to disparage the P1 brand. This is news to me and this option is not mentioned on the P1 website:
http://phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalbacks...ty%20chart.aspx (http://phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalbacks/P-,-a-,H-series/Compatibility%20chart.aspx)
-
Rollie / Phase One compatibility was announced (http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/01/31/phase-one-comes-to-the-rolleiflex/) over a year ago. The catch-22 (at least when this was first announced) was that you had to buy a NEW Phase One back. Phase One owners could not send in their existing backs and get them converted. Thus, buying a new back, not part of P645 bundle and having it "customized" with the Rollei mount (I think this is $3k) was a very expensive option.
-
Rollie / Phase One compatibility was announced (http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/01/31/phase-one-comes-to-the-rolleiflex/) over a year ago. The catch-22 (at least when this was first announced) was that you had to buy a NEW Phase One back. Phase One owners could not send in their existing backs and get them converted. Thus, buying a new back, not part of P645 bundle and having it "customized" with the Rollei mount (I think this is $3k) was a very expensive option.
This is not the case anymore. Work with a dealer and they will arrange either a new or used back in a Rollei 6008 mount for you.
Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)
-
Rollie / Phase One compatibility was announced (http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/01/31/phase-one-comes-to-the-rolleiflex/) over a year ago. The catch-22 (at least when this was first announced) was that you had to buy a NEW Phase One back. Phase One owners could not send in their existing backs and get them converted. Thus, buying a new back, not part of P645 bundle and having it "customized" with the Rollei mount (I think this is $3k) was a very expensive option.
also, a very important bit of information, that aways seems to be omitted from many bits of marketing on the phaseone/6008 option-
the back has to be ordered in vertical or horizontal orientation (phase dealers, correct me if im wrong). they cant have their orientation changed with normal use.
that makes a 6008 pretty useless for many purposes- try using a rollei on its side like a contax!
the sinar and hassy solutions can rotate their backs.
paul
-
I'd take that new P65+ sensor technology cut to a square, please for my Rollei 6008AF!
-
Yes, that's what I want too (well, expanded to 6x6, not cut to a smaller square). Anyway, if we should talk about any "open system" than it looks like it is the Rolleiflex 6008! Even more so than the Hy6, while the glass is the same...
one more vote for a larger square sensor, 6008 platform.
-
Hi,
i use a rollei 6008i system with a Sinar 54LV ...
look here
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....92&hl=r6k8i (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23492&hl=r6k8i)
Greetings Adina
-
they cant have their orientation changed with normal use.
That would not work at all (for the vast majority of users), unless it is a square sensor.
-
I use a Hasselblad 528C on my 6008i and I like it, both for landscape and wedding/portraiture (not really for the documentary shots, for which I use a dSLR). I can change the sensor orientation, but only by means of a screwdriver - which I never did.
I do use the camera on its side sometimes. At lower shutter speeds this causes more vibration than using it the normal way, but with some care it can be done.