Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: arc-technika on January 30, 2009, 06:07:19 pm

Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: arc-technika on January 30, 2009, 06:07:19 pm
Hey guys,

I'm looking into a longer focal length lens for use on a 12 SWA and Max. I tend to shoot with the widest lens possible for my personal work, but I would like to get a longer lens for my architectural work. Would anyone have lens comparisons from 47mm - 120mms?


Thank you,

Andrew
Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: Dave Carter on January 30, 2009, 07:00:08 pm
What do you mean by comparison?  Field/angle of view?  Or ----
If it is angle of view, I have a photo that I could probably email you.  It has a white outline for their full range of lenses showing the view from 24mm up.
Dave
Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: arc-technika on January 30, 2009, 07:08:25 pm
Hi Dave, sorry about that, I meant field of view for each lens. I would love to see your photo, I haven't had the opportunity to test the longer focal length lenses out.

My email address is: [email protected]


Thank you!

Andrew

Quote from: Dave_C
What do you mean by comparison?  Field/angle of view?  Or ----
If it is angle of view, I have a photo that I could probably email you.  It has a white outline for their full range of lenses showing the view from 24mm up.
Dave
Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: Dave Carter on January 31, 2009, 09:29:20 am
Picture is on the way.
I had to compress it from 76MB to about 2.4MB for email, so I don't know how good it will be.
Let me know if you need better.  I was thinking I could send 1/2 of it and you would probably still get all the info necessary.


Dave
Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: arc-technika on January 31, 2009, 05:19:38 pm
The image was exactly what I was looking for, thank you for emailing it to me!

Andrew


Quote from: Dave_C
Picture is on the way.
I had to compress it from 76MB to about 2.4MB for email, so I don't know how good it will be.
Let me know if you need better.  I was thinking I could send 1/2 of it and you would probably still get all the info necessary.


Dave
Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: Jim Stone on January 31, 2009, 09:25:05 pm
Quote from: Dave_C
Picture is on the way.
I had to compress it from 76MB to about 2.4MB for email, so I don't know how good it will be.
Let me know if you need better.  I was thinking I could send 1/2 of it and you would probably still get all the info necessary.


Dave
Dave,

I just ran across Andrew's thread and am also interested in your picture and any others with longer lenses.   I use my Alpas with the 24, 35, 47 and 72 and always wondered what images with longer lenses would look like.   If it isn't too much trouble, I would certainly enjoy seeing your example.

[email protected]  

Thanks,

Jim

Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: Dave Carter on February 01, 2009, 03:26:19 pm

Jim,
The print I sent was not made with a long lens.  It was made with their 24mm one.  I then laid out on the picture the window size you would get with each lens through 210mm if you stood in the same spot.  It has not a representation of the quality you would get - just the field of view.

If you still want the picture, email me and I will reply with it attached.

Dave
Title: ALPA lens focal length comparisons
Post by: Jim Stone on February 01, 2009, 08:17:18 pm
Quote from: Dave_C
Jim,
The print I sent was not made with a long lens.  It was made with their 24mm one.  I then laid out on the picture the window size you would get with each lens through 210mm if you stood in the same spot.  It has not a representation of the quality you would get - just the field of view.

If you still want the picture, email me and I will reply with it attached.

Dave
Dave,

Sorry I misunderstood, but when you have an opportunity I would still appreciated seeing the image.

Many thanks,

Jim