Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: artg on January 29, 2009, 01:36:48 pm

Title: Vanguard tripods
Post by: artg on January 29, 2009, 01:36:48 pm
I am looking hard at a Vanguard B-300 tripod ball head combination but I can't find any info on it anywhere. Is anybody here using this particular tripod or familiar with Vanguard products?
Thanks,
Art
Title: Re: Vanguard tripods
Post by: SBP on July 07, 2011, 08:47:42 pm
That 300 series head is supposed to be really nice for $99. Don't know anything about thier tripods other than try don't make one without a column so I passed.

Can't find a single mention of their stuff on this forum. A bit surprising.
Title: Re: Vanguard tripods
Post by: JeanMichel on July 07, 2011, 09:50:58 pm
Hi,

Do yourself a favour and read this article by Tom Hogan: http://bythom.com/support.htm

Jean-Michel
Title: Re: Vanguard tripods
Post by: JJW on August 20, 2011, 04:02:43 am
Tom has great advice, but he doesn't comment on Vanguard Ball head quality at all.  He seems to cover all the other brands. 

Can anyone with the Vanguard B-300 comment on movement while tightening, or does the tip of a long lens move during a 1/2 second exposure?  Is this a ball head that a professional could use and be happy with?  Like Tom mentions, I've already bought one ball head that doesn't get the job done and I really only want to buy one more.