Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: marcmccalmont on January 01, 2009, 08:59:59 am

Title: Contax Zeiss
Post by: marcmccalmont on January 01, 2009, 08:59:59 am
Does any one have experience with both the Contax 35-70mm 3.4 and the 24-85N
Which is a better lens?
Thanks
Marc
Title: Contax Zeiss
Post by: marcmccalmont on January 02, 2009, 04:52:54 pm
bump!
Title: Contax Zeiss
Post by: marcmccalmont on January 02, 2009, 04:53:42 pm
bump!
Title: Contax Zeiss
Post by: djgarcia on January 02, 2009, 10:07:03 pm
I have both and they're both excellent, rivalring prime lenses. The 35-70 might be a bit better optically, but not enough to compensate for the extra convenience and range of the N lens converted to EOS mount. I use the 24-85 N for 70% of my landscape shooting on my 1Ds III and love the results. Do keep in mind I shoot mostly at f16. My 2 cents.

DJ
Title: Contax Zeiss
Post by: marcmccalmont on January 02, 2009, 10:51:38 pm
Thanks, I'll go for the 24-85 N
Marc