Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: AlexLF on December 19, 2008, 06:28:58 am

Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: AlexLF on December 19, 2008, 06:28:58 am
Hello All,

I've been thinking of buying a Hasselblad H3dII-50 and obviously I'd like to see some samples (RAW or at least high quality JPEGs) before the purchase. The ones taken with different lenses would be the best. Are there any of them available somewhere?

I shoot color landscapes mostly and architecture. And I do this now with my Linhof 4x5 and Rodenstock lenses. The camera and lenses are just perfect, but not the process...A film purchase (Internet vendors are the only choice), shooting in the mountains and not seeing the results immediately, flying with unprocessed film (and keeping it in high temperatures and humidity), then processing and scanning 4x5's is getting too... cumbersome. My last 3-weeks trip to Spain and France was pretty uneffective - I had 15-20 good sheets of all 70 that were correctly exposed and processed. Some really nice captures were lost at all. I know some of those exposure mistakes were my faults but I wouldn't make them with digital for sure. That's why I think it's time to go to H3dII-50 (60 megapixels is too expensive).

I like Hasselblad for its "closeness". Yes, I think it's an advantage - Canon and Nikon has been doing this since the beginning and film MF manufacturers did the same before. I expect the camera to be very solid quality-wise and to have good lenses in its line. The HTS 1.5 availability is very important too! So, everything seems perfect... The price is high but not much more than other's.

That's how I see it. And I may be wrong somewhere. So if you could point me at it I'd appreciate it. Some links to h3d-50 samples would be nice to have too.

Thank you.
Alex
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on December 19, 2008, 06:43:56 am
Hey Alex,

Where in the world are you?

Might be best if you took a trip to your dealer and took one out for the day.  At least you are using it under your conditions and terms.

Best,


David


Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: AlexLF on December 19, 2008, 07:00:12 am
Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Hey Alex,

Where in the world are you?

Might be best if you took a trip to your dealer and took one out for the day.  At least you are using it under your conditions and terms.

Best,


David

I'm in Moscow, Russia. As far as I know our dealer doesn't have the camera ... yet.
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on December 19, 2008, 07:12:24 am
Quote from: AlexLF
I'm in Moscow, Russia. As far as I know our dealer doesn't have the camera ... yet.

Ok.  50's have started shipping now so you shouldn't have long to wait.

I hope to have some use of an H3D50 over the holidays so if that is the case, then I will post some samples!

David

Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: AlexLF on December 19, 2008, 08:05:11 am
Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Ok.  50's have started shipping now so you shouldn't have long to wait.

I hope to have some use of an H3D50 over the holidays so if that is the case, then I will post some samples!

David

Thanks, David! I'm looking forward to your samples!
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: wollom on December 19, 2008, 10:04:46 am
Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Ok.  50's have started shipping now so you shouldn't have long to wait.

I hope to have some use of an H3D50 over the holidays so if that is the case, then I will post some samples!

David

Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: AlexLF on December 19, 2008, 10:14:57 am
Quote from: wollom
Oh, for goodness-sake. This is the place were advertising photographers hang out–we see more daily B/S than a dairy-maid.  Clearly internet forums are an advertising medium,  but the structured dialogue above is an insult to people with a brain.
Make pictures; post results; discuss.

Wollom

Excuse me? Where does it say that this is the forum for advertising photographers only???
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on December 19, 2008, 11:17:09 am
Quote from: wollom
Oh, for goodness-sake. This is the place were advertising photographers hang out–we see more daily B/S than a dairy-maid.  Clearly internet forums are an advertising medium,  but the structured dialogue above is an insult to people with a brain.
Make pictures; post results; discuss.

Wollom

What can I say?

A customer asked for samples, I might have some.

If you are inferring that it is some elaborate plan where AlexLF and I are best buddies in Hasselblad and created an evil plan, then I am sorry to disappoint, we are not that clever.

Best,


David

Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: SeanBK on December 19, 2008, 12:22:14 pm
Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
What can I say?

A customer asked for samples, I might have some.

If you are inferring that it is some elaborate plan where AlexLF and I are best buddies in Hasselblad and created an evil plan, then I am sorry to disappoint, we are not that clever.

Best,


David

     
A good one David.
BTW thanks for all other info @ Blads. I for one appreciate it.
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: michael on December 19, 2008, 05:37:57 pm
Wollam,

Chill. There's nothing inappropriate going on here.

Michael

Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: lichtbild on December 20, 2008, 03:42:32 am
Quote from: AlexLF
Hello All,

I've been thinking of buying a Hasselblad H3dII-50 and obviously I'd like to see some samples (RAW or at least high quality JPEGs) before the purchase. The ones taken with different lenses would be the best. Are there any of them available somewhere?

Hi, i received the H3D II-50 this week, and I will be on a trip from tomorrow until the 13th january in french polynesia and the cook islands. So I can give you some example raws in the week after the 14th january. (with the 28 f4, 100 f2.2 and 50-110 lens) - i will also have the comparison against a canon 1Ds MK III (85mm f1.2, 16-35mm II and 24-105mm f4) I know it's long to wait, but i think you can then see some real life usage examples (from my side) instead of providing raws of grid charts and color bars in the studio. Earlier is unfortunatly not possible, as the plane leaves in 18 hours from now and I have a ton to pack.... just drop me a short note if you didn`t get any useful samples until mid january...and I will send you some raws. cheers, alexander
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: G.A. Sebastian on December 20, 2008, 03:54:16 am
Enjoy the journey.

Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: AlexLF on December 20, 2008, 08:59:09 am
Quote from: lichtbild
Hi, i received the H3D II-50 this week, and I will be on a trip from tomorrow until the 13th january in french polynesia and the cook islands. So I can give you some example raws in the week after the 14th january. (with the 28 f4, 100 f2.2 and 50-110 lens) - i will also have the comparison against a canon 1Ds MK III (85mm f1.2, 16-35mm II and 24-105mm f4) I know it's long to wait, but i think you can then see some real life usage examples (from my side) instead of providing raws of grid charts and color bars in the studio. Earlier is unfortunatly not possible, as the plane leaves in 18 hours from now and I have a ton to pack.... just drop me a short note if you didn`t get any useful samples until mid january...and I will send you some raws. cheers, alexander

Alexander, thank you, I will definitely wait until you get back since we have 10 days holidays starting January 1st  So nobody works including photographic shops.
French polynesia ... that's a very good journey! Have it really nice!
Title: Are there Hasselblad H3DII-50 samples?
Post by: AlexLF on January 20, 2009, 06:03:38 pm
So, anybody got some nice pics with H3D50 except BlasR (which he posted in his thread)?

Just trying to get them again...