Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: johnchoy on December 09, 2008, 09:51:41 am
-
[attachment=10201:screen.jpg]
With the help of the Adobe Photoshop CS4 GPU optional plug-ins, my xp x64 computer can utilize GPU. However, When I tried to softproof, some images display some kind of banding................but if I then turn on gaumut warning, those banding will disappear.
I tried every combination ( uncheck and check ) inside the GL setting box but still can't solve this problem. Only by disabling Open GL and then the problem gone.
Is it a bug ? Or just software incompatibility ? And can it be fixed ?
-
I am not sure I understand your question.
I am using xp64, and as far as I have managed to find out, the GPU features are not supported on XP64.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...8&sliceId=2 (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404898&sliceId=2)
"OpenGL is not supported on Windows XP 64 because XP 64-bit drivers aren't written to support this technolog"
However, are you saying that there are plugins that give xp64 users the possibility to use the GPU features in CS4? If so, could you please post som information on where I can find them?
Christopher
-
I am using xp64, and as far as I have managed to find out, the GPU features are not supported on XP64.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...8&sliceId=2 (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...8&sliceId=2)
"OpenGL is not supported on Windows XP 64 because XP 64-bit drivers aren't written to support this technolog"
However, are you saying that there are plugins that give xp64 users the possibility to use the GPU features in CS4? If so, could you please post som information on where I can find them?
yes can still use GPU feature in x64 by using Adobe Photoshop CS4 GPU optional plug-ins (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4056&fileID=3769). There are more information on this thread (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=30072969)
With this plug-in ( a windows registry tweak indeed ) installed, zooming including bird-eye view is fast and smooth. The only problem I encountered until now is just softproofing.
I really want to know whether vista user has this phenomenon too. I want to know whether it was a PS bug or if not a xpx64 deficiency.
-
yes can still use GPU feature in x64 by using Adobe Photoshop CS4 GPU optional plug-ins (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4056&fileID=3769). There are more information on this thread (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=30072969)
With this plug-in ( a windows registry tweak indeed ) installed, zooming including bird-eye view is fast and smooth. The only problem I encountered until now is just softproofing.
I really want to know whether vista user has this phenomenon too. I want to know whether it was a PS bug or if not a xpx64 deficiency.
There's no problem with Vista 64. Although you can make XP 64 use the GPU functions, OpenGL isn't very good under XP and that's why you have the problem you do and why Adobe doesn't support the GPU functionality under XP.
-
yes can still use GPU feature in x64 by using Adobe Photoshop CS4 GPU optional plug-ins (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4056&fileID=3769). There are more information on this thread (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=30072969)
With this plug-in ( a windows registry tweak indeed ) installed, zooming including bird-eye view is fast and smooth. The only problem I encountered until now is just softproofing.
Thank you.
Are you using this with the 64bit version of Photoshop or the 32bit version?
Christopher
-
I mainly using the 64 bit version.
Anyway, When I'm going to softproof, I then turn off GPU feature and restart PS. Seems no need to go back to CS3 just for softproofing. With out GPU, CS4 64 bit is still faster than CS3.