Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on November 09, 2008, 06:46:27 am

Title: Canon DPP
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 09, 2008, 06:46:27 am
Is it possible to download a copy of a version of DPP which supports the G10 and if so, from where? My local shop is happy for me to slip one of my cards into a G10 and take some shots so I can have a good look at the images, but of course if I can't convert the Raws, there's not much point. I doubt they'd let me copy the software, though.

The version on Canon Europe's site was released in February and lists support only for EOS models.

Jeremy
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: MBehrens on November 09, 2008, 02:42:39 pm
Here is the Canon DPP web site

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?ac...&fromTips=1 (http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=1228&fromTips=1)

Probably downloadable from there somewhere.
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 09, 2008, 08:46:22 pm
Quote from: MBehrens
Here is the Canon DPP web site

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?ac...&fromTips=1 (http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=1228&fromTips=1)

Probably downloadable from there somewhere.
You can use the "Update to DPP v. 3.2" button as long as you have any earlier version of DPP (or File Viewer Utility, or EOS Viewer Utility, or RAW Image Task) installed.
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: madmanchan on November 10, 2008, 08:25:14 am
You need DPP version 3.5. I don't know if there is an update on the web yet, though.
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: MBehrens on November 10, 2008, 03:04:57 pm
Quote from: madmanchan
You need DPP version 3.5. I don't know if there is an update on the web yet, though.
Eric,

Any hints on when LR will support the G10?
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 10, 2008, 05:08:55 pm
Quote from: madmanchan
You need DPP version 3.5. I don't know if there is an update on the web yet, though.
That's what I thought: earlier versions don't support the G10 and they're all that's available on Canon's site.

How about LR? That's what I'd *really* like. Don't you have some sort of connection with Adobe?

Jeremy
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: eliedinur on November 19, 2008, 05:59:21 am
Quote from: kikashi
That's what I thought: earlier versions don't support the G10 and they're all that's available on Canon's site.

How about LR? That's what I'd *really* like. Don't you have some sort of connection with Adobe?

Jeremy
DPP 3.5 is now available here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...ownloadIndexAct (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct)
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: madmanchan on November 19, 2008, 09:08:17 am
LR support for the G10 should be available pretty soon. I don't actually know the exact date.
Title: Canon DPP
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 19, 2008, 05:24:56 pm
Quote from: elied
DPP 3.5 is now available here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...ownloadIndexAct (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct)

Quote from: madmanchan
LR support for the G10 should be available pretty soon. I don't actually know the exact date.

Thank you both. The download will let me take some sample shots and I can look forward to an update for LR.

Jeremy