Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rickshanahan on September 30, 2008, 08:36:43 am

Title: need to move Library during HD reformat. help?
Post by: rickshanahan on September 30, 2008, 08:36:43 am
Hello, I need to re-format my hard drive and I'd like to move my entire LR library to an external HD and then move it back after I reinstall Lightroom.  Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how I would do it?  

Thanks very much...
Title: need to move Library during HD reformat. help?
Post by: genemcc on October 03, 2008, 11:27:17 pm
If you copy the directory structure to the external drive and keep it intact and then copy it back that way then LR should not have any problems.
Title: need to move Library during HD reformat. help?
Post by: rickshanahan on October 07, 2008, 09:28:02 am
Thank you!  If I re format and re-install Lightroom, will I have to re-import all of the images?  Will the adjustments still be there??


Quote from: genemcc
If you copy the directory structure to the external drive and keep it intact and then copy it back that way then LR should not have any problems.
Title: need to move Library during HD reformat. help?
Post by: MarkGoddard on October 12, 2008, 10:20:49 am
I routinely move catalogs between my Vista workstation and my MacBook.  It is as simple as copying the catalog and pointing Lightroom to the folders with the photos.  Works great.