Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rmazzi on June 15, 2008, 10:38:39 am
-
At a recent wedding, i had a G7 and therefore shot in JPEG. In a group shot, several people had noticeable red eye. I was able to fix some in LR, but other eyes, i could not fix...it just gave me the "bonk" noise (or whatever that annoying sound is). I am not sure if i am doing something obviously wrong or if there is not enough pixel info to make the fix.
-
If you can't make the fix the way you intended, you can always separate the layers to RGB and then just do some crude fixes to the iris areas on the red layer only.
-
Sometimes you have to zoom in to3:1 or 4:1 to get enough of a sample for the redeye to work. Also it has to be very red to work, a dark red is a little more difficult.
In a shot of my daughter I took yesterday, I had to increase red saturation in the photo before the right eye would correct. After correction I reset the red saturation. Also, don't center the tool over any catchlight in the eye. Sometimes there just isn't enough info for the tool to see, especially in a group shot, and it just won't work.
What I have done in these cases is open the photo in Photoshop, zoom way in and use the paintbrush in black, adjusted to the size of the pupil with about 30% hardness and dot the red away.
HTH
Rich