Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: mrleonard on April 07, 2008, 05:36:49 pm

Title: Cheapest Ultra Wide (non fisheye) for Canon EOS ?
Post by: mrleonard on April 07, 2008, 05:36:49 pm
Would anyone know (have any experience with )any ultra -wide lenses I can stick on my 5d for  cheap? Using any combination of adaptor rings is fine....and I don't care that it is manual control. Looking for 15mm or lower.As focusing is not much an issue, manual aperture is fine.
Title: Cheapest Ultra Wide (non fisheye) for Canon EOS ?
Post by: Marlyn on April 07, 2008, 07:23:05 pm
Quote
Would anyone know (have any experience with )any ultra -wide lenses I can stick on my 5d forĀ  cheap? Using any combination of adaptor rings is fine....and I don't care that it is manual control. Looking for 15mm or lower.As focusing is not much an issue, manual aperture is fine.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187728\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Take a look at the Sigma 12-24 in the canon mount.
US$609 on Amazon for a quick price, and I've been told by a friend who has it that its a good lens (I don't own one)

As far as camera equipment goes, that seems 'cheap', but not sure exactly what price range your after.

Mark.
Title: Cheapest Ultra Wide (non fisheye) for Canon EOS ?
Post by: Digiteyesed on April 07, 2008, 07:27:05 pm
Quote
Take a look at the Sigma 12-24 in the canon mount.

I own this lens and it definitely has some "quirks". The optical quality is a disaster at some of the wider apertures, particularly in the left bottom corner of the frame. It's good enough for my needs right now, but I'm hoping to buy something better at some point.