Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Jann Lipka on March 18, 2008, 04:05:12 am
-
I know some photographers here live in Japan.
Anyone know something about ability to visit/Shoot
this place
http://tcal.net/archives/2006/08/02/g-cans...in-tokyo-japan/ (http://tcal.net/archives/2006/08/02/g-cans-underground-water-system-in-tokyo-japan/)
I've been to Tokyo two years ago , and even tried to go for a trip there but because of language barrier I gave up ..
Someone based locally going for a visit there any time soon ?
I'm planning maybe to go to Tokyo during cherry blossom time ..
regards from Stockholm.
-
I know some photographers here live in Japan.
Anyone know something about ability to visit/Shoot
this place
http://tcal.net/archives/2006/08/02/g-cans...in-tokyo-japan/ (http://tcal.net/archives/2006/08/02/g-cans-underground-water-system-in-tokyo-japan/)
Someone based locally going for a visit there any time soon ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have been planning on going there for quite some time, but haven't had the time yet. Their page does in fact now have an English section that makes it possible to apply in English in case your Japanese is not up to par.
Group tours are only organized between Tuesday and Friday.
It is located in Saitama, the closest station is Minami Sakurai on the Toubu line, about one hour North East of Tokyo.
I won't have time to go before mid may at the earliest.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
I know some photographers here live in Japan.
Anyone know something about ability to visit/Shoot
this place
http://tcal.net/archives/2006/08/02/g-cans...in-tokyo-japan/ (http://tcal.net/archives/2006/08/02/g-cans-underground-water-system-in-tokyo-japan/)
I've been to Tokyo two years ago , and even tried to go for a trip there but because of language barrier I gave up ..
Someone based locally going for a visit there any time soon ?
I'm planning maybe to go to Tokyo during cherry blossom time ..
regards from Stockholm.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This is not the precise answer you may be looking for, but might help you get there. "Engineering News Record" a magazine for the Civil, transportation & Structural engineers had various articles over the years about the project. The authors for the project you are referring to were "Dennis Normile & Tamami Shimegi from Tokyo" That might help you.
-
I have been planning on going there for quite some time, but haven't had the time yet. Their page does in fact now have an English section that makes it possible to apply in English in case your Japanese is not up to par.
Group tours are only organized between Tuesday and Friday.
It is located in Saitama, the closest station is Minami Sakurai on the Toubu line, about one hour North East of Tokyo.
Bernard ,
You work too much :-)
I was hoping for some Enfuse Panos in the tunnels , but it looks like
I'll have to settle with some usual Shibuya pics ..
What a pity .
It looks I'll miss again cherry blossom .
My wife is quite angry and want to take Shinkansen to some Northern province.....
I see in the newspaper that it starts already in Tokyo ....
( I'll be there 11- 16 april )
-
It looks I'll miss again cherry blossom .
My wife is quite angry and want to take Shinkansen to some Northern province.....
I see in the newspaper that it starts already in Tokyo ....
( I'll be there 11- 16 april )
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185509\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The peak in Tokyo was this past weekend, it is going downhill from here, and the heavy rain we have today isn't going to help...
Cheers,
Bernard