Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: mcfoto on December 13, 2007, 03:11:42 pm
-
Hi
I have just bought PTGui Pro 7.3 & was wondering how others users are finding this program? I am working on a personal project at the moment & have started stitching images.
Thanks Denis
-
I can't speak for version 7 but version 6 gives excellent results it is just hard to get up to speed on I don't know v7's interface but these are my settings for V6
Here are my settings, most came from Joe Holmes I'm sure he doesn't mind me sharing them with you, a few are my preferences
Download enblend,smartblend and ptstitcher
tools/options/panorama tool load ptstitcher
tools/options/plugins load enblend and smartblend
In project assistant:
1. Load images
2. Align images (cylindrical and centered for single row panos)
then use the optimizer, Heavy + lens shift, Optimize using panorama tools optimizer
3. Create Panorama
first create a small sized pano to verify blending then if it looks good create a full rez pano,
a. select output file location
b. select stitch using ptgui (but warp using panorama tools)
c. select blend using smartblend plugin
d. check use fast transform
e. select interpolator sinc 256
It took about a week to get comfortable and as you see things you don't like you dig into it and find the solutions like manually selecting control points etc.
Marc
-
Hi
I have just bought PTGui Pro 7.3 & was wondering how others users are finding this program? I am working on a personal project at the moment & have started stitching images.
Thanks Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have been using PTGui for a long time, wonderful program.
Take the time to try the different mapping modes and get use to adjusting the perspective in the panorama editor, don’t just take the default image that it gives you. It really only takes a bit of time to get use to using the panorama editor and it is well worth the time.
As someone else said try smart blend, it is very useful if you have people or other objects that were moving while you took the photos.
Scott
-
Hi
I have just bought PTGui Pro 7.3 & was wondering how others users are finding this program? I am working on a personal project at the moment & have started stitching images.
Thanks Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Denis,
I am a long term user as well.
It remains my main stitching tool and is IMHP best in class in terms of stitching control/quality, but is clearly behind Autopano pro in terms of stitching of images will few features (skies or water for instance).
Cheers,
Bernard
-
I have been using PTGui for a long time, wonderful program.
Take the time to try the different mapping modes and get use to adjusting the perspective in the panorama editor, don’t just take the default image that it gives you. It really only takes a bit of time to get use to using the panorama editor and it is well worth the time.
As someone else said try smart blend, it is very useful if you have people or other objects that were moving while you took the photos.
Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160526\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi
Thanks to everyone for your help. can you use smart blend with a Mac computer?
Denis
-
Hi
I am getting the hang of this software but how do you use the control points. I set up the points but how do you process the image afterwards???
Denis