Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chris anderson on October 30, 2007, 09:41:07 pm

Title: Cleaning Z3100 print heads
Post by: chris anderson on October 30, 2007, 09:41:07 pm
do I select replace print heads to remove them for cleaning? if not, how do i get them out?
 thanks!!
      Chris in Texas
Title: Cleaning Z3100 print heads
Post by: kers on October 31, 2007, 05:52:39 am
Quote
do I select replace print heads to remove them for cleaning? if not, how do i get them out?
 thanks!!
      Chris in Texas
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149699\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Chris,
I think that is indeed the right way to go,
It is a process tht is easy and does not take much time and hassle. I run a calibration of the heads afterwards.

I just did it myself because is discovered black smear on some of my thick paper prints.
I am not shure it will solve the problem - maybe it is the carriage itself that is dirty on the bottom..and I did not see a way to reach that part yet.
HP told me to be very carefull about it for the nozzles get very easely blocked- making problems worse..
See also other forum contributions where the problem is handled. ( there they suggest damp coffee filters to use  to clean the nozzles.
 Kers