Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Goodlistener on September 21, 2007, 05:55:14 pm

Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: Goodlistener on September 21, 2007, 05:55:14 pm
OK guys, here is the real question:  How much doe Adobe Lighhtroom COST (in the US) and where do you get it from?  I'm looking for a bargain!  i.e price matters.
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: madmanchan on September 21, 2007, 07:50:48 pm
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/ (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/)

See price listed on page.
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: KeithR on September 21, 2007, 09:36:39 pm
Quote
OK guys, here is the real question:  How much doe Adobe Lighhtroom COST (in the US) and where do you get it from?  I'm looking for a bargain!  i.e price matters.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141083\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you are a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals(NAPP) you can get a 15% discount off any Adobe product from the Adobe website. Just passing along the info. But you need to be a NAPP member to get the discount.
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: The View on September 21, 2007, 11:35:20 pm
Amazon has good prices for software, and you may google "Lightroom, best price" or use one of the price search engines like pricegrabber.
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: sniper on September 22, 2007, 05:03:23 am
Quote
Amazon has good prices for software, and you may google "Lightroom, best price" or use one of the price search engines like pricegrabber.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141135\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


The cheapest price I can find in the UK is around £160 ($320 aprox) but knowing Adobes pricing plan I suspect you'll find it cheaper in the USA.   Wayne
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: Goodlistener on September 23, 2007, 10:50:00 pm
Thanks everyone for good fast answers.  Best I can tell, member discount under NAPP is the best option for general people other than students or teachers.
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: D. King on September 25, 2007, 08:16:39 pm
Quote
Thanks everyone for good fast answers.  Best I can tell, member discount under NAPP is the best option for general people other than students or teachers.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=141494\")


If someone in your family is in education you can get it for $122.95.  They'll have to go through a registration process but you'll save some $$$.

[a href=\"http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=797915&qk_srch=LIGHTROOM]http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/m..._srch=LIGHTROOM[/url]
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: sniper on September 26, 2007, 03:14:05 am
Quote
If someone in your family is in education you can get it for $122.95.  They'll have to go through a registration process but you'll save some $$$.

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/m..._srch=LIGHTROOM (http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=797915&qk_srch=LIGHTROOM)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


If memory serves me right Photoshop education version will only activate on one computer (the normal version is two I think) is it the same with Lightroom??  Wayne
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: TurnerJon on September 26, 2007, 07:32:26 am
The educational version will still activate on two computers.
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: sniper on September 26, 2007, 02:10:33 pm
Quote
The educational version will still activate on two computers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141917\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I stand corrected!         Wayne
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: dmward on September 27, 2007, 01:36:18 pm
Quote
I stand corrected!         Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142000\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suggest reading the fine print in the T&Cs. Someone told me, I have never registered an educational version, that one condition for the lower price is that images edited and saved from the educational version are public domain copyright.

At one level that makes sense, on the other hand that seems difficult to enforce, but it would be worth confirming before you pay your money.

DMW
Title: Price of Adobe Lightroom
Post by: Richowens on September 27, 2007, 06:22:36 pm
That's another internet myth.

 Adobe software is the same product whether it is purchased at retail or at academic prices. All functions are the same, it installs the same and the only difference in the EULA is that academic cannot be used in a commercial environment.

 As far as I know this applies to all of the software companies that provide an academic price for their product.

 Rich

 PS. The academic price in the Adobe store is $99.