Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Bartie on September 20, 2007, 11:17:34 am

Title: Print sizes z3100
Post by: Bartie on September 20, 2007, 11:17:34 am
   HELP ANYONE!!!! I`m very new to large format printing.I`m having trouble printing anything larger than whats in the list of paper sizes in the printing preferences. Could any of you guys out there give me a step by step guid to printing say a 22" X 54" print.

Regards  Andy
Title: Print sizes z3100
Post by: Jim Cole on September 20, 2007, 11:55:46 am
Andy,

You failed to specify your printer model.

Jim
Title: Print sizes z3100
Post by: Bartie on September 20, 2007, 12:21:46 pm
Quote
Andy,

You failed to specify your printer model.

Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Very sorry Jim,The printer is a HP Z3100gp
Title: Print sizes z3100
Post by: Jim Cole on September 20, 2007, 12:46:23 pm
Andy,

Go into the printer driver and under the Paper/Quality tab, click on the custom button.

Enter a name...I use one called "Variable" that I use for all my unusual paper sizes. Then enter the width and height, click on Save and the OK button. Your new paper size should appear in the driver window.

Each time I have a new paper size, I select my "Variable" paper, then Custom and then enter the new dimensions. This eliminated having too many defined paper sizes.

Hope this helps,
Jim
Title: Print sizes z3100
Post by: Bartie on September 20, 2007, 01:52:28 pm
Many thanks Jim,just tried what you advised and it works great.I think using this printer is going to be a slow learning curve for myself. Thank God for Forums like this.

Regards   Andy
Title: Print sizes z3100
Post by: casterle on September 20, 2007, 07:45:55 pm
Quote
Many thanks Jim,just tried what you advised and it works great.I think using this printer is going to be a slow learning curve for myself. Thank God for Forums like this.

Regards   Andy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140746\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Amen to that, Andy.

I'm new at this, too. Luminous Landscape's a jewel.

-Leroy