Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: colourperfect on June 24, 2007, 07:43:43 am

Title: Poppy fields in the UK
Post by: colourperfect on June 24, 2007, 07:43:43 am
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for poppy fields in the UK, ideally on hills. The poopies are out for the next few weeks so I need to get going ...

Thanks

Ian

http://profiles.colourperfect.co.uk (http://profiles.colourperfect.co.uk)
Title: Poppy fields in the UK
Post by: dbosdet on June 29, 2007, 11:09:07 am
Ian

North Norfolk (where I live) is renowned for its poppies (it used to be known as Poppyland, after all), although with all the rain we've been having they aren't as spectacular as they were last year.

I've seen some decent poppy shows around Kelling village and assume they will be more elsewhere (normally are). But this is Norfolk, mind, so we're talking slopes rather than hills.

Best bet is simply to drive around anywhere between Cromer and Cley (ish) and 10 miles inland and see what's what. They're always best in the morning - more so this year, since they tend to be battered to pieces by rain come lunchtime.

If I see any particularly nice examples I can let you know where they are

You might also find this (Norfolk Wildlife Trust's Poppy Survey) useful:
http://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/home/PoppySurvey.htm (http://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/home/PoppySurvey.htm)

Rgds

David Bosdet


http://www.sedasoft.com/gallery/ (http://www.sedasoft.com/gallery/)