Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vgogolak on March 08, 2007, 11:41:29 pm
-
The last printer I bought was Kodak 8660, and mostly use lab for large prints. The z3100 is very tempting (24")
I see many talk of rebates, cash media and yet I do not know who the leading vendors are for the large format printers
Can someone help? I am on east coast, Washington DC area.
also, is the GP worth the difference?
regards
Victor
-
The last printer I bought was Kodak 8660, and mostly use lab for large prints. The z3100 is very tempting (24")
I see many talk of rebates, cash media and yet I do not know who the leading vendors are for the large format printers
Can someone help? I am on east coast, Washington DC area.
also, is the GP worth the difference?
regards
Victor
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=105589\")
I bought mine from Ditigal Technology Group in Tampa Fla. (I live in North Carolina). Ordered it one week and received it the next. Read the posts on this forum, though. Some days, I love the printer and some day, I don't. Expecting it to get better, though. DTG's URL is below
[a href=\"http://www.dtgweb.com/]http://www.dtgweb.com/[/url]
-
I bought mine from Ditigal Technology Group in Tampa Fla. (I live in North Carolina). Ordered it one week and received it the next. Read the posts on this forum, though. Some days, I love the printer and some day, I don't. Expecting it to get better, though. DTG's URL is below
http://www.dtgweb.com/ (http://www.dtgweb.com/)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105621\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Charlie
Thank You !
Victor
-
I bought mine at newegg.com one of the best prices I could find and newegg is a very reliable internet site.
Param.
-
In the Washington, D.C. area, you should contact Mac Business Systems in Gaithersburg (www.mbsdirect.com). I believe they were one of the first dealers on the East coast to have a Z printer in stock. They had a 44" Z3100 which I took a look at several weeks ago.
Dave
-
In the Washington, D.C. area, you should contact Mac Business Systems in Gaithersburg (www.mbsdirect.com). I believe they were one of the first dealers on the East coast to have a Z printer in stock. They had a 44" Z3100 which I took a look at several weeks ago.
Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106046\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes Mac Business System is excellent. Sonny or Eric both really nice.
Parrot Color in Boston is very good too. www.parrotcolor.com John Lorusso
With complicated production printers I strongly recommend buying through these types of dealers.
They have direct contacts in HP, have access to firmware and software updates that internet dealers won't, shared information on workflow, and great service. If the Z printers were out for many years maybe it wouldn't be as important as it is now.
-
In the Washington, D.C. area, you should contact Mac Business Systems in Gaithersburg (www.mbsdirect.com).
Thanks for the kind words...the Z-3100 has been a fantastic printer to share with everyone. Just to clear up a few things, the name of our company is Mac Business Solutions. Feel free to give us a call using our toll free number, or if you're in the Metro DC area stop by for a demo.
1-888-354-0100
www.mbsdirect.com
[email protected]
Sorry for the plug...hope that's OK to post to the forum!
;o)
-eric-
-
Hello... indirectly connected to this "post line", I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of any upcoming 'modification' to HP's rebate requirement that one must already own a large format printer, in order to get the Z3100 rebate. I e-mailed HP for info, but of course did not get any answer.
I presently own an Epson 2400, but am considering the Z3100. Seems, however, that I would NOT qualify for the rebate.
Anyone with any helpful hints ?
Further, the dealers mentioned in these posts (MBS direct, for example), how are they for service and taking care of customers with possible problems post-purchase ? Anyone with first-hand experience ? I live in the S. Florida area, and for a printer at this price point, it is an important consideration for me if / when buying from another state...
Would appreciate any info, Henry
-
I got my rebate, two weeks ago from the link bellow
http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/pr...eme/home_f.html (http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/extreme/home_f.html)
Good luck
BlasR
-
Just track down a serial number from ANY 17" (or wider) printer and that should be enough to qualify for the rebate.
Hope this helps...
-eric-
-
i bought from imaging spectrum is dallas texas. sold it to me for 5995.00 they stock them and have online ordering as well. I delt with a guy named Brian and he was very helpful!
C
-
I got my rebate, two weeks ago from the link bellow
http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/pr...eme/home_f.html (http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/extreme/home_f.html)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hey, how long did it take for HP to process your rebate request?
-
three weeks
BlasR
-
Just track down a serial number from ANY 17" (or wider) printer and that should be enough to qualify for the rebate.
Hope this helps...
-eric-
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113143\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
TKS, Eric & others...
Eric, should I assume it goes through without "questions" ?
Anyone with personal experience getting the rebate like this ?
Would not want to get stuck with nothing of a rebate AFTER buying / paying full price.
Truth is I have no access to any large format printer, nobody I know !
Would also appreciate anyone commenting on the other part of my original post: after-purchase support / help from 'internet' sellers...
Tks, Henry
-
I got mine from ITSupplies. I ordered at around noon on Thursday and it was delivered at around 9:30am the next day. Can't complain!
mark
-
TKS, Eric & others...
Eric, should I assume it goes through without "questions" ?
Anyone with personal experience getting the rebate like this ?
Would not want to get stuck with nothing of a rebate AFTER buying / paying full price.
Truth is I have no access to any large format printer, nobody I know !
Would also appreciate anyone commenting on the other part of my original post: after-purchase support / help from 'internet' sellers...
Tks, Henry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113255\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, those are the terms of the upgrade promotion. If you don't already have a wide format printer (or know someone that has one) you're sort of stuck. You must know somebody with a printer that meets the criteria.
Good luck,
-eric-
-
Well, those are the terms of the upgrade promotion. If you don't already have a wide format printer (or know someone that has one) you're sort of stuck. You must know somebody with a printer that meets the criteria.
Good luck,
-eric-
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=119838\")
You are not stuck. You do not have to have a wide-format printer to get the rebate. You do have to have at least a 13in. wide printer to get the rebate. HP changed the rebate terms a few weeks ago. From the HP site:
"How about adding some extreme excitement to your next printer upgrade? With HP Extreme Upgrade, you can upgrade your 13"—44" size color inkjet printer to a new, state-of-the-art HP Designjet Z Series Photo Printer and get up to a $1,000 cash rebate! You can even get up to $500 in media at no additional cost. Promotion valid February 1 - July 31, 2007."
And full details at:
[a href=\"http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/extreme/home_f.html?jumpid=re_R2515_DesignjetPortal/smProdCat/IPG/promo/LRG/DesignjetZ3100-44in/extremeUpgrade]http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/pr.../extremeUpgrade[/url]