Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Street Showcase => Topic started by: Rob C on January 12, 2026, 01:54:19 pm

Title: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on January 12, 2026, 01:54:19 pm
Thought it best to restart this thread under Street, not where I'd posted it first.
Sorry - age can bring lack of focus...
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on January 12, 2026, 02:10:40 pm
It's not just snaps that take a lot of work, and are then almost immediately forgotten. Such is the lot of those of us who have the addiction. ;-(

Come to think of it, perhaps the ones (posters) I remember best are for "The man with the golden arm" and the one for Courvoisier cognac - by Adrian Flowers, I think, on 35mm film. He showed how effective small formats could be laying down mood. Ditto Sarah Moon and Mateus Rose...
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on January 13, 2026, 07:46:59 am
From dogs to people - the easy way or the hard way, as with Greenland - everybody needs to do it.
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on January 17, 2026, 08:40:20 am
More sign than vehicle, in a sense.
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on January 21, 2026, 10:46:29 am
Either brilliant decoy tactic, desperation or, simply, something lost in translation .
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: degrub on January 21, 2026, 02:43:38 pm
Nice.
Undercover operator, obviously  ;)
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on January 21, 2026, 04:14:00 pm
Thanks; I think I noted the registration numbers to indicate Polish origin. That may or may not mean something.
Title: Re: Signage (iPhone 13 Mini)
Post by: Rob C on February 01, 2026, 06:05:57 am
Big Daddy