Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Technics on January 30, 2007, 11:07:08 am
-
Hi!
I am buying a Phase One digital back (645AFD fitting) for my Mamiya RZ67 ProIID. Phase One told me I needed an adaptor plate to make it fit the digital RZ. This unit cost 1250$. In addition the dealer told me I needed two more cables: "Phase One Wake-Up cable and the "pigtail" multi-pin to min-jack configured".
When browsing this forum, I found out that Mamiya is offering an adaptor plate for both LEAF and Phase One. This does not require any cables, and cost alot less (590€). (Mamiya Digital Adapter HX70)
Have anyone tried this Mamiya adaptor plate? I cant think of a reason for buying the Phase One adaptor when the Mamiya Adaptor is much more convenient??
Thanks in advance.
-
The following URL is the post I found out about the Mamiya Adaptor.
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=12408 (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12408)
Anyone?
-
I just spoke with the local Mamiya dealer, and they told me that the Mamiya adaptor plate fitted the Phase One backs, but the RZ67 Pro IID body consumed 10 times more battery than the standard LEAF or Phase One adaptors.
Can anyone confirm this or tell me how this works?
-
Hi!
I suggest You move this question to Medium Format - topic.
sami
I just spoke with the local Mamiya dealer, and they told me that the Mamiya adaptor plate fitted the Phase One backs, but the RZ67 Pro IID body consumed 10 times more battery than the standard LEAF or Phase One adaptors.
Can anyone confirm this or tell me how this works?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98475\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Hi!
I suggest You move this question to Medium Format - topic.
sami
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How do I transfer it to "Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography"?
-
I started a new thread at "Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography".
-
I started a new thread at "Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The thread was deleted, so please respond to this thread!
-
Mamiya/Leaf make the plate for H1 mounted MFDB. They say it is only for Leaf but it has the same but should work. Still need cables.
If you are buying a MFDB for a 645afdII Mamiya makesa plate for the RZ regardless fo the back. As far as the cables go. I don't believe there is a plate to use on the RZ with out at least one cable.
You can call Mamiya directly in Elmsford to get the answers. You can get their number at www.mamiya.com.
Best of Luck
-
Mamiya directly could not give me a precise answer as they had not tried this out on Phase One. But the Swedish Phase One dealer told me it worked perfectly -if you took the Phase back off the camera over-the-night, or else it would consume battery. When that is said, the Phase back does not use more battery than a standard 120-film back.
I will try this soon.
-
Just an update:
The Mamiya adaptor plate works beautifully with the Phase One backs, and Phase One themselves actually tell customers to buy those instead of their own.