Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: keithcooper on November 18, 2023, 08:05:30 am
-
Fujifilm UK kindly lent me the new 30mm tilt/shift to have a go with - unfortunately they did want it back...
I'll happily say that it's by far and away the best quality wide tilt/shift lens I've yet tested...
I was able to test it on my own GFX100S and for a short while on a GFX100II [spoiler alert - no significant differences ;-) ]
I've a longish written review [over 5k words] at:
https://www.northlight-images.co.uk/fuji-30mm-ts-review/
This includes two videos:
The first is about the lens itself [~19 mins] https://youtu.be/YqM5CYpIeoY
The 2nd is about using it and its quality [~34mins] https://youtu.be/ODRtFF_9ciA
I'm now hoping to get the 110mm to test some time.
Definitely left me wondering what improvements both Canon and Nikon could manage when they finally bring out T/S lenses for RF and Z mounts.
Hope it's of some interest.
PS Now waiting for the 110mm TS lens to have a look at
-
Thanks for posting this Keith. I like/use TSE lenses quite a bit, I'm only missing the 135mm on Canon (all used on Sony) including the old 35mm FD. The 30mm Fuji looks like an ideal FOV for me though. I do wonder about getting a dedicated 100S for it while they are heavily discounted ...
Some images and discussion I found recently on a DPR thread
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4734767
-
Keith great writing as always...might be interesting in comparing the images gathered from the 30mm T/s to images from a technical camera with wide angle lens? You could easily shoot the tree again!
-
Keith great writing as always...might be interesting in comparing the images gathered from the 30mm T/s to images from a technical camera with wide angle lens? You could easily shoot the tree again!
Indeed - unfortunately there were no such cameras or lenses under the Christmas tree...
The tree will still be there,
All I need to find is another manufacturer to lend me a camera and lens ;-)