Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: steverap on October 09, 2023, 01:19:02 pm

Title: Does the BenQ SW272U Paper Color Sync Really Work?
Post by: steverap on October 09, 2023, 01:19:02 pm
The BenQ SW272U display has a Paper Color Sync function that claims to simulate the look and properties of paper+printer combinations (essentially soft proofing images). Does anyone have any experience with this feature? 
Title: Re: Does the BenQ SW272U Paper Color Sync Really Work?
Post by: digitaldog on October 09, 2023, 03:28:06 pm
And why use it when Photoshop and Lightroom Classic can do this while editing?
Title: Re: Does the BenQ SW272U Paper Color Sync Really Work?
Post by: steverap on October 09, 2023, 04:38:47 pm
Good question. I am thinking of getting the display and I was curious about the usefulness of this feature.

I am considering the BenQ SW272U, the EIZO CS2740, and the new Samsung ViewFinity S9 (and perhaps the Apple Studio Display). Which would you recommend, Andrew?
Title: Re: Does the BenQ SW272U Paper Color Sync Really Work?
Post by: digitaldog on October 09, 2023, 05:26:59 pm
SpectraView's (through MultiProfiler) has had such features for years, and again, I don't know why anyone with a modern application that soft proofs while editing would need it.