Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on July 23, 2023, 03:22:13 am

Title: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 23, 2023, 03:22:13 am
Comments welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: David Eckels on July 24, 2023, 01:01:47 pm
I like the way the treatment matches the vintage. And also the subdued tones.
JPEG halos?
Title: Re: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 25, 2023, 01:23:40 am
David, thanks.  Yeah, you're right on with what I am trying to achieve.  I could have sent the image through software to probably better achieve the results I wanted.  However, I chose to try to achieve it myself.  Thanks for pointing out the haloes.  I think I eliminated them in my attached second image.

mark
Title: Re: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: Mark Nadler on July 25, 2023, 01:24:32 am
Here is the attached image.

mark
Title: Re: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: francois on July 25, 2023, 03:56:18 am
I also like them complementarity of the old truck and the old building!
Well done.
Title: Re: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: Bob_B on July 25, 2023, 07:16:14 am
Hi Mark, As Francois mentioned, the complementarity in the hues is delightful, and the composition is quite strong. As I view your photo, I'm somewhat put off by the sharpening: much too strong in my opinion, especially on the edges. This was my first impression when I viewed it yesterday and then again today. Maybe just me, but I think there is some validity in reducing the sharpening and/or clarity by 50% or so.
Title: Re: Old Sugar Plantation
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 02, 2023, 01:34:24 am
Sorry Bob_B for not responding to you.  My two-year-old Macbook Pro went dead.  (Don't ask me if I had everything backed up.).  Apple just returned my computer.  I need to get everything set up before responding to you.

Mark