Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on June 05, 2023, 08:47:55 am

Title: Shavings
Post by: PeterAit on June 05, 2023, 08:47:55 am
Casting about for a subject on a rainy day, I put some pencil sharpener shavings under the macro lens. I have been using colored pencils so it was more interesting than you would expect. One shot at 4x, the other at 10x.
Title: Re: Shavings
Post by: David Eckels on June 05, 2023, 09:29:59 am
I like 'em. The lower one looks like some kind of strange bird. Suggestion: they seem kind of soft, increase the DOF?
Title: Re: Shavings
Post by: Bob_B on June 06, 2023, 06:55:30 am
How creative and unique. Great work, Peter!
Title: Re: Shavings
Post by: francois on June 06, 2023, 08:18:49 am
Wonderful and very mysterious. I'm glad you told us what it.
Title: Re: Shavings
Post by: PeterAit on June 06, 2023, 10:51:33 am
I like 'em. The lower one looks like some kind of strange bird. Suggestion: they seem kind of soft, increase the DOF?

I should have mentioned--these were done with focus stacking using a WeMacro rail and Helicon focus. So, DOF is not relevant.