Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on December 13, 2022, 10:18:04 am

Title: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: John Hollenberg on December 13, 2022, 10:18:04 am
Just downloaded it.
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: Rand47 on December 13, 2022, 07:00:08 pm
Where the heck is the "soon to come to Lightroom" curves panel for masks?  Grumpy.

Rand
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: digitaldog on December 13, 2022, 07:41:29 pm
Where the heck is the "soon to come to Lightroom" curves panel for masks?  Grumpy.

Rand
Who (when) was that promised?
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: Rand47 on December 13, 2022, 08:09:11 pm
Who (when) was that promised?

Not "promised" per se.  Just credible scoop.  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.   8)   We both know him.  ;~)

I'm occasionally making round trips to PS to invoke the ACR filter so that I can use the curves adjustment on a mask. Gurrr.....

Rand
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: digitaldog on December 13, 2022, 08:29:12 pm
Not "promised" per se.  Just credible scoop.  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.   8)   We both know him.  ;~)
Not promised. Just “a (credible)scoop”. Got it. 🤥
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: John Hollenberg on December 13, 2022, 10:00:57 pm
Who (when) was that promised?

Looks like it was "promised" by Adobe:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-add-tone-curve-to-masking-local-adjustment-tools/idc-p/12944006
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 13, 2022, 10:19:11 pm
Oh yeah, but they didn't say when  :D
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: digitaldog on December 13, 2022, 10:21:24 pm
Looks like it was "promised" by Adobe:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-add-tone-curve-to-masking-local-adjustment-tools/idc-p/12944006
I must have missed where Rikk "promised" it for todays release.  ;)
Or the next release. 
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: digitaldog on December 13, 2022, 10:25:03 pm
Oh yeah, but they didn't say when  :D
There's that too: Bingo!
Edit: he never said “soon” either. That's another assumption. Gurrr..... 🤥
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: john beardsworth on December 14, 2022, 04:13:51 am
It's probably not too far away. Classic 12.1 already reads tone curves in masks created using ACR 15 - it just doesn't have a UI, yet.
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: RikkFlohr on December 14, 2022, 10:03:43 am
I must have missed where Rikk "promised" it for todays release.  ;)
Or the next release.

I was deliberately coy about that, wasn't I?

Curves for Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop Masking Adjustments are in the pipeline for a future update.
Title: Re: Lightroom Classic 12.1 Released
Post by: digitaldog on December 14, 2022, 10:06:14 am
I was deliberately coy about that, wasn't I?

Curves for Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop are in the pipeline for a future update.

"Predictions are hard, especially about the future."- Yogi Berra 😝