Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: MikeWardynski on August 12, 2022, 10:37:28 am

Title: Looking for RIP solution for Epson Sure Color P7570
Post by: MikeWardynski on August 12, 2022, 10:37:28 am
Hello out there,

Im using an Epson Sure Color P7570 printer and I'm having an issue where the image will not center on the page. I have contacted Epson and it seems that there is nothing they can do about the problem at this point. I have read other reviews about this printer and know it has been a problem with this printer since 2020.

So now it seems like my only solution for page centering is to use a RIP software. I know most RIPs are very expensive and I'd like to avoid spending a couple of grand just so I can center my images. I'd love to get some feedback about potential RIP solutions. I have looked into PrintFAb and they do not support my printer. Color Byte Image Print Red or black seem like they might do the trick but it's still a little pricy just to center an image.

I'd love to hear about some real world experience using RIPs and what my options might be. If there are no cheap solutions, I'm curious what the best high end solution might be.

Thanks
Title: Re: Looking for RIP solution for Epson Sure Color P7570
Post by: NeilPrintArt on August 12, 2022, 11:05:17 am
You could look at Mirage by Dinax
Not truly a 'RIP' in the original sense of the term, but does a lot of things really well and could solve your centering issue

Title: Re: Looking for RIP solution for Epson Sure Color P7570
Post by: digitaldog on August 12, 2022, 12:08:02 pm
You want a substitute print driver which may not be a RIP.
What OS?
Look into Qimage. Not at all expensive. Try a demo and see if this fixes the issue.
Title: Re: Looking for RIP solution for Epson Sure Color P7570
Post by: deanwork on August 12, 2022, 04:00:13 pm
Yea QImage is great , inexpensive, easy to use, and supports Pc and Mac. It also has the software that you can set up to run nozzle patterns periodically to keep nozzles clean. You can try it out for free.





Title: Re: Looking for RIP solution for Epson Sure Color P7570
Post by: Rand47 on August 13, 2022, 09:56:57 am
I have a 7570 and print out of Lightroom Classic.  I have no problem centering images.  Tell us more about what your printing setup is like.  Might be able to help.

Rand




Hello out there,

Im using an Epson Sure Color P7570 printer and I'm having an issue where the image will not center on the page. I have contacted Epson and it seems that there is nothing they can do about the problem at this point. I have read other reviews about this printer and know it has been a problem with this printer since 2020.

So now it seems like my only solution for page centering is to use a RIP software. I know most RIPs are very expensive and I'd like to avoid spending a couple of grand just so I can center my images. I'd love to get some feedback about potential RIP solutions. I have looked into PrintFAb and they do not support my printer. Color Byte Image Print Red or black seem like they might do the trick but it's still a little pricy just to center an image.

I'd love to hear about some real world experience using RIPs and what my options might be. If there are no cheap solutions, I'm curious what the best high end solution might be.

Thanks