Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 18, 2021, 01:42:22 pm

Title: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 18, 2021, 01:42:22 pm
After a very clear day yesterday the high clouds started developing in the late afternoon. I decided it was worth going to the creek to see how it would develop.
I was almost ready to leave due to lack of color and then pretty suddenly it really popped. Glad I was there and managed to be patient. It helps that it was a very pleasantly mild evening. I'm much less patient when it's miserable.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51602275500_29ac40c8f5_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mBV9Hb)
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: John E on October 18, 2021, 03:47:00 pm
Beautiful, Matt. But, then, I'm a sucker for sunsets and reflections.
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 18, 2021, 03:51:05 pm
Beautiful, Matt. But, then, I'm a sucker for sunsets and reflections.

Thanks! Yeah me too. :)
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 18, 2021, 07:37:30 pm
Very nice indeed.

And you saved wear and tear on your skis and snow shoes.   ;)
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: kers on October 19, 2021, 04:37:41 am
Colour is great!   Only grey and rain here at the moment...
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 19, 2021, 04:46:13 am
Well done, beautiful photo.
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: Bob_B on October 19, 2021, 06:31:46 am
+1, beautiful!
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 19, 2021, 11:48:18 am
Very nice indeed.

And you saved wear and tear on your skis and snow shoes.   ;)

Thanks! Although I'm looking forward to putting more wear and tear on that gear as I often do this time of year. :)
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 19, 2021, 11:49:39 am
Colour is great!   Only grey and rain here at the moment...

Well done, beautiful photo.

+1, beautiful!

Thanks!
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: francois on October 20, 2021, 09:08:38 am
Nothing to add to the above praises.

Bravo!
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 20, 2021, 11:45:14 am
Nothing to add to the above praises.

Bravo!

Thank you.
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: Mark Nadler on October 20, 2021, 07:37:34 pm
I wish I was there with my fly rod.

Mark
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 21, 2021, 10:39:18 am
I wish I was there with my fly rod.

Mark

That would have added to the image for sure! :)
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 21, 2021, 04:35:15 pm
Best part of most sun sets comes about ten minutes after the sun has cleared the horizon. Your shot exemplifies this.
Title: Re: Tomichi Creek
Post by: MattBurt on October 21, 2021, 05:37:51 pm
Best part of most sun sets comes about ten minutes after the sun has cleared the horizon. Your shot exemplifies this.

Agreed. Thanks!