Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 04, 2021, 08:21:31 am
-
Hi all,
I know, it's just a broken burr on the side of an old, worm eaten, rotting piece of driftwood, but as soon as I saw it, I thought to myself, mmm, that looks like a real bona fide Fairy Castle to me, so that's how I shot it, because to me at that moment in time, that is exactly what it had become.
Isn't it great, that we photographers can sometimes see things all around us, that no one else can see, even if they look directly at it? But once you frame it into a photograph for them, they can see it and which is very satisfying.
So you have to love photography??? Because just occasionally, it can make you feel as if you are looking at the world through the eyes and imagination of a child.
Sorry, but I think I went a bit unnecessarily deep and philosophical there for a moment didn't I??? Because after all is said and done, it's just another photograph. Isn't it?
Dave
-
I can visualise it with thick oil paint in the style of Van Gogh. I can imagine the colours ... Love it.
-
I can visualise it with thick oil paint in the style of Van Gogh. I can imagine the colours ... Love it.
Thanks Bill ;)
Dave
-
I love it, too. All the patterns fit together wonderfully, inviting the superimposition of your favorite fairy tale.
-
Dave.
Not just another foto.
An invitation to the imagination.
Richard
-
Excellent. Looks like a woodcut. Which in a way I guess it literally is.
-
It doesn't just look like a fairy castle, it obviously is one!
Excellent!
-
Where Munch got his inspiration.
-
+1, gotta luv that Munch reference
-
Hey thanks guys :) ;) :D
Sometimes I shoot stuff and then start to think as I look at it on screen, I am not sure there is anyone else on the planet who is going to like this other than me and then I think, what the hell, that's more than enough motivation to keep me going.
But then I show it on here and you guys all seem to like it as well, so what can I say other than thanks again.. ;D
Dave
-
It is a very good image.
-
Superb. Looks like crashing waves on rocks in front of the castle.
-
To me, this is an ancient couple, guardians of the forest. Munch like, for sure.
JR