Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on April 15, 2021, 11:36:52 am
-
Color or BW?
-
As it stands, I'd say color. But I think the B&W could be better processed, perhaps starting with greater contrast and lifting the highlights a bit.
S
-
As it stands, I'd say color. But I think the B&W could be better processed, perhaps starting with greater contrast and lifting the highlights a bit.
S
+1
-
+1
My thought exactly.
JR
-
Thanks for the feedback, folks.
-
As it stands, I'd say color. But I think the B&W could be better processed, perhaps starting with greater contrast and lifting the highlights a bit.
S
+2; IMHO both may benefit from added 'punch': more saturated colors in the first, more contrast in the second.
-
Thanks, Bob. That's why I posted; knew I could count on you folks!
-
Maybe along these lines.
-
I "spent" some time with both versions and the color version always comes on top for me…
Both are very nice, by the way.
-
Thank you, Francois, I am leaning that way too.
-
I "spent" some time with both versions and the color version always comes on top for me…
Both are very nice, by the way.
This whole thing reminds me of a joke I once heard on Wayne and Shuster: What's you drinking? Mountain Dew. Have some. Ooo. Tastes more like Yucca Dew!
JR
-
I had to look up Wayne and Shuster, John!
-
I had to look up Wayne and Shuster, John!
Sorry. I realize now it may have only been a Canadian show, Know what I mean eh, right eh...?
-
The new pair beat the original pair by a lot.
To me, the color one still wins, but it's close.
-
I agree Eric. Thanks.
-
The new pair beat the original pair by a lot.
To me, the color one still wins, but it's close.
Agreed. Nice work.
-
Thanks, Bob. Amazing what a little contrast will do. All I did was reduce the white point using the tone curve.
-
The new pair beat the original pair by a lot.
To me, the color one still wins, but it's close.
Much better, but with all due respect to Eric, I now think the B&W is a clear winner.
S
-
Much better, but with all due respect to Eric, I now think the B&W is a clear winner.
S
Well, that was yesterday. Today I'll go for the B&W.
Tomorrow? Who knows? :)
-
Definitely better.
As a side confession, I'm using more and more the auto on Lightroom as a starting point ;)
-
As a side confession, I'm using more and more the auto on Lightroom as a starting point ;)
(Blush!) Me too. But I always diddle with various settings thereafter.
-
too bad you don't have room for a square format with the image of the fern having more room or somewhat smaller inside the frame, but anyway changing the background of the color image to a complementary color might look the best.
Like a Purple-RED
Yellow-green's complement is Red-purple, the two colors on either side of Red-purple are Purple and Red.