Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 27, 2021, 07:59:50 am

Title: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 27, 2021, 07:59:50 am
https://hyperallergic.com/615971/meet-yinmn-the-first-new-shade-of-blue-in-two-centuries/?fbclid=IwAR3YusczWXGQHjh5Vp67bmxWM9Q1e0-Cw5ZdnjdfU_dNBvzTNSx6ypBiZkE

"Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"

Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 27, 2021, 11:01:47 am
So how do you pronounce its name?
Is it a case of "If everybody pronounces it the same, then nobody pronounces it?"   ;)

I'll be properly impressed when Crayola includes YInMn in it's best crayon sets.
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 27, 2021, 01:38:55 pm
From "The Devil Wears Prada". Start at 1:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awmyDjY-8e8

Jeremy
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 27, 2021, 02:07:46 pm
... I'll be properly impressed when Crayola includes YInMn in it's best crayon sets.

"YInMn Blue inspired a new shade of Crayola crayon called Bluetiful."
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 27, 2021, 02:12:17 pm
As a photographer, I am fascinated by colors. Especially strong, bold colors. Even on this photo displayed on my screen, this looks like a very, very saturated blue. So much so, that if I did it in Lightroom, by pushing the slider way to the right, I would think that the result would be so garish, so unnatural. And yet...
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: RSL on January 27, 2021, 02:42:55 pm
But it would be interesting.
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 27, 2021, 05:35:07 pm

"YInMn Blue inspired a new shade of Crayola crayon called Bluetiful."

I would have called it Bluegojevic!    ;)
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: Chris Kern on January 27, 2021, 06:34:22 pm
Even on this photo displayed on my screen, this looks like a very, very saturated blue. So much so, that if I did it in Lightroom, by pushing the slider way to the right, I would think that the result would be so garish, so unnatural. And yet...

Not to mention the challenge of soft-proofing it.
Title: Re: "Meet YInMn, the First New Shade of Blue in Two Centuries"
Post by: John Camp on January 28, 2021, 12:55:46 pm
Looks pretty close to klein blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Klein_Blue