Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: alba63 on January 04, 2021, 10:31:20 am

Title: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: alba63 on January 04, 2021, 10:31:20 am
Hi,
I installed Big Sur and downloaded the printer driver for my Epson P800. It works in color but I do not find the enhanced black & white mode. Has anybody succeded in  printing in that mode unter Big Sur?

Thanks
Bernie
Title: Re: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: digitaldog on January 04, 2021, 12:10:05 pm
Works on this end when so set.
Title: Re: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: Ferp on January 04, 2021, 06:55:04 pm
Isn't it the case that if you're printing from Photoshop that you require "Printer Manages Color" to be set in order to see the ABW option?  Possibly from LR as well.  Some applications like Print Tool are able to avoid this limitation.
Title: Re: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: alba63 on January 05, 2021, 04:06:04 am
Works on this end when so set.

Thanks, Andrew, that is exactly the option I am looking for: Under what system do you get those options? Windows? Mac? What MacOS version? Problem is I see the same box as you show, however I cannot change the "print mode" box. It is locked to color mode. But I remember having had the option under my old windows computer. Under Big Sur it is visible, but not changeable.
Title: Re: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 05, 2021, 04:23:38 am
I installed Big Sur and downloaded the printer driver for my Epson P800. It works in color but I do not find the enhanced black & white mode. Has anybody succeded in  printing in that mode unter Big Sur?

Where did you get the driver? I seem to recall that the drivers available from Apple are sometimes not fully-featured, and that the best place to get drivers is from Epson itself.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: alba63 on January 05, 2021, 06:17:35 am
he best place to get drivers is from Epson itself.

I downloaded it from Epson. It looks like the one shown by Andrew, just the functionality does not seem complete...
Title: Re: Big Sur driver for SC-p800 not complete?
Post by: howardm on January 13, 2021, 08:17:35 am
When installing the driver, did you wait 10-20 seconds for the full driver to appear or did you load/install the Airprint driver?  If Airprint, delete it and try again; Airprint is VERY limited functionality.