Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on November 10, 2020, 06:11:54 pm

Title: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: David Eckels on November 10, 2020, 06:11:54 pm
The Black Hills form part of the western boundary of Arizona's Verde Valley (opposite from Sedona). I love when storms come in to create such interesting cloud patterns. Quarantine has induced me to try and find at least one interesting image each day. Can't wait to be freed up to travel a little more.
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: nirpat89 on November 10, 2020, 07:32:45 pm
Wow!

(what else can I say.)
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: RSL on November 10, 2020, 07:40:01 pm
I agree. A really good grab, David.
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 10, 2020, 10:11:32 pm
Wow!

(what else can I say.)
+1.
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 11, 2020, 03:41:03 am
Very good interplay between light, dark, and shapes.
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 11, 2020, 12:48:28 pm
Very impressive clouds, like captured in a fishing net.

Well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: praja343 on November 11, 2020, 11:32:12 pm
Lovely golden light. The cloud detail is magnificent. The dark mountains focus the attention on the sky. Love the shades of gray in the clouds.
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: David Eckels on November 12, 2020, 08:11:13 am
I appreciate your kind words very much :)
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 12, 2020, 09:02:43 am
Dramatic, atmospheric (literally) and very, very lovely.

And yet another one of your images that would look really good printed out at around 30 foot long and hanging in an airport - great work David  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: David Eckels on November 12, 2020, 01:19:26 pm
Thanks very much, Dave. You'll be the first person I call when I get the call from Phoenix Sky Harbor!!!
Title: Re: Black Hills and storm clouds
Post by: John Camp on November 12, 2020, 02:05:28 pm
Excellent!