Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2020, 08:27:16 am

Title: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2020, 08:27:16 am
Fall Tales from Iceland - 4. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2020/09/27/fall-tales-from-iceland-4/)

Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2020, 02:05:46 pm
Nice . I never saw trees that big in 1974. How do they keep the sheep from eating them?
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2020, 02:09:21 pm
Nice . I never saw trees that big in 1974. How do they keep the sheep from eating them?

Eric - Usually with fencing. In some valleys, one can see rows of birch trees stripped away of leaves by sheep up to a level within their reach.
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: RSL on September 27, 2020, 03:21:18 pm
Beautiful, Rajan. Iceland doesn't mess around. It just goes ahead and snows.
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2020, 03:55:46 pm
Beautiful, Rajan. Iceland doesn't mess around. It just goes ahead and snows.

Russ,

Here in the sub-Arctic, Winter arrives early. Fall is usually a blink-and-you-miss-it event.
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2020, 07:20:15 pm
Eric - Usually with fencing. In some valleys, one can see rows of birch trees stripped away of leaves by sheep up to a level within their reach.
I recall seeing one "protected" grove of trees with a fence. There was also a style (steps on either side) for humans to get in and out of the grove. Inside the fence, resting comfortably (and looking a bit smug, I think) was a sheep!   :)
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 28, 2020, 04:09:09 am
Nice colours.
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Bob_B on September 28, 2020, 07:19:07 am
Beautiful. To my great regret, I have yet to visit Iceland, yet I feel I've seen so much of its wonder through your photography; a big thank you!
Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 29, 2020, 06:00:16 am
Paulo and Bob - thank you very much.



Title: Re: Fall Tales from Iceland
Post by: francois on September 29, 2020, 09:23:08 am
Beautiful and a bit different from the volcanic and mountainous landscapes…
I like it a lot, bravo!