Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: saiguy on September 07, 2020, 09:23:12 am

Title: How to remove PS 2018 CC
Post by: saiguy on September 07, 2020, 09:23:12 am
Im on Mac 10.13.  My PS 2019 CC in Applications has an uninstall option. The 2018 does not. I do not find one in the CC App. either.

thanks
Title: Re: How to remove PS 2018 CC
Post by: mcbroomf on September 07, 2020, 12:01:45 pm
In the CC app click on the 3 dots to the right of where it shows PS 2018 CC.  There "should" be the uninstall option there.
Title: Re: How to remove PS 2018 CC
Post by: saiguy on September 08, 2020, 09:30:42 am
Thanks Mike.  The CC App only shows my 2019 PS. When I double click the 2018 PS in my Applications folder it does not open. Just gives a
finder page which only lists Plug-ins. The 3 dots and show all installed apps does nothing.

I think just leaving it on my machine will be better than moving it to the trash.

I downloaded the Focus Magic 5 upgrade a couple days ago. Now when I go to the Filter menu and chose Focus Magic I get double instances of the choice for Remove Motion Blur, and Remove Out of Focus Blur. But I only have one instance of each in my PS Plug-ins folder.

Title: Re: How to remove PS 2018 CC
Post by: rasworth on September 08, 2020, 01:45:30 pm
I have same on my W10 system, going back to Photoshop 2015.  Only third party plug-ins and filters are present.  I believe the intent by Adobe is to make sure you don't lose user installed items.  I have deleted a few, no issues in doing so.

Richard Southworth
Title: Re: How to remove PS 2018 CC
Post by: rdonson on September 08, 2020, 02:17:16 pm
This is normal.  On my MBP I have 7 previous "versions" of PS in the "Applications" folder.  All that is in those old folders is "Presets" and "Plug-ins".  If my memory serves this is a choice we made each time we installed a new version of PS.  I thought of it as a way to preserve the "Presets" and "Plug-ins" in case the latest version of PS decided it wanted them somewhere tough to find.
Title: Re: How to remove PS 2018 CC
Post by: atiqursumon on September 14, 2020, 02:59:58 am
Settlement

First  Update All
Finally click the arrow and select "Uninstall" option for each product.